• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

Yanhua

Yanhua’s brief laughter overtook Taiga’s natural silence, making the meadow he and Boderline were standing in a bit warmer from the sound. A pair of birds fluttered off, disturbed by the noise, but Yan hardly paid them any attention. He was too busy appreciating Boderline’s shy, knee-jerk response to teasing him. The blue-haired mare acted like he might be offended, when he actually appreciated the candor. After all, she was right. Yan was the only horse here to greet her. If those were the requirements for being Mascot of Taiga, he fit the bill.

He was naturally very curious about Borderline. Where she was from, how she’d met Lilliana and why, of all places, she’d chosen Taiga. He wondered if she was from farther south, or maybe even the Islands to the far West - a place he’d never journeyed himself. “Wherever she’s from, I hope she stays.” Yan caught himself thinking, meanwhile he told her about his dam and the fire that had ravaged these lands, among others. Borderline and her bashful humor would be such a relief to the quiet sadness.

Her reaction to the news left Yanhua doubting, though. Borderline did what anyone would do when they learned half their new home had been razed by magical fire: she balked. Her smaller head jerked up in a flurry of blue forelock and her whole body seemed tense for flight, but she didn’t run. Borderline stayed, doe-eyed, and Yanhua reacted by lowering his own horns as gently as he could manage until both he and Borderline were of level sight.

“Yes! Yes,” He promised her earnestly, “my mother’s okay. There were some injuries, but nothing too serious.” Yan reached for Borderline with his nose, but stopped himself - she wasn't his family, or even a close friend. At the last second he realized his advances might be taken inappropriately, so the young stallion hesitated.

Most of the Taigan’s were accounted for, save a few, and the Nerinan horses had re-grouped after the scuffle by the cliffs. There was the matter of his missing sister, Aela… a few other unaccounted names as well. Brennen had disappeared, but Leilan and Izora were home again.

“We Taigan’s stick together through difficult times. Most of the damage was superficial.” Yan withdrew his nose and looked around them at their world, at the glimmering snow and towering redwoods, vibrant and alive despite the smell of ash in the wind. “The forest will grow back, and we'll be alright. I swear on my honor as the Mascot here.” Yan turned to look at @[Borderline] again, smirking kindly.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Yanhua - 09-23-2020, 04:42 PM