• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

He was right about something; that I had been waiting for someone like himself to come along to take away my loneliness. It was with a breath of relief that I had looked up to see him ambling toward me from between the redwoods, especially with the dangers of fire still rolling in on the soft breeze.

I smile when he says that you’re never truly alone in Taiga. It’s a shy smile, the kind that is fleeting and innocent. I find myself liking this stallion, Yanhua. I repeat his name in my head, carefully trying to store it so that I didn’t make the embarrassing–and in my opinion, unforgivable–mistake of forgetting. Granted, I could forgive anyone else who forgot my name, but I live to a different standard.

“Does that make you Taiga’s mascot?” I ask, giving him a slightly playful grin, though I immediately feel slightly embarrassed to be playing with him. What if he didn’t like my playfulness? What if he finds me obnoxious? I act like I have an itch on my face in order to hide my eyes behind my knee for just a moment.

He mentions that Lilliana is his mother, which perks my ears, and my head shoots up once more. I was about to say how nice she had been, but then he mentions that the smell I had been smelling was from a fire. Alarm suddenly shoots through my veins like a burst of ice, chilling me to my hooves. I toss my head in alarm, almost dancing back away from him, and it might certainly seem as though I might be ready to turn tail and run, but I don’t.

My first worry was not for myself, not for any danger that I might be in, but rather for the residents of Taiga, residents that I haven’t yet met (well, except for Lilliana and Yanhua); residents that I had been so excited to meet only moments earlier. “Oh no! is my first sentiment, followed closely by, “Is everyone okay? Please tell me that everyone is okay. Is your mother okay?”

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Borderline - 09-21-2020, 08:21 PM