• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I made a quiz instead of doing anything useful
    What’s your name (real/OOC)?
    My real name is a portmanteau-word that lots of Dutchies misread/mispronounce, but my first name is Maria, so use that I guess
    I go by Vanilla Custard online, since idk 2013 or something

How old are you?
    29 (for a whole week now!)

Where are you from?
    Alkmaar
    (North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe, Eurasia continent, Northern Hemisphere, Earth)

What do you do for work?
    I’m a pharmacist working in the trial pharmacy of the Amsterdam UMC (university medical center). I’m mainly responsible for setting up the right procedures for our pharm techs (most of these regarding preparation-for-use of study medications) and the IT problems of organising our department.

Do you like it?
    I love the work itself!! The major BUT is, since a lot of personnel left just pre-covid, it’s been terror for the last half year and I’ve had to do a lot of pharm-techs work and also supervise them (which is not normally my job). I hope it gets better soon but the new peeps need guidance and so I make too many hours and do too many things in those hours at the same time, and I’m a mess rn.

How many pets do you have?
    2 cats, both a year old now!

KIDS???
    Maybe. I’m off BC since a month

Read any good books in 2020?
    I lent some Brynzda from the library which was pretty good. I also restarted Trudi Canavan’s “Thief's Magic” series and I read The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett <3. All three fantasy writers I have read that are named Terry so far, have been good (Terry Goodkind, Terry Brooks).

What’s your favorite book?
    Is this a trick question?
    I can re-read the Wheel Of Time series (Robert Jordan) once every other year or so I guess, and still find new things in it. But that’s 14 books so, have fun with that

Favorite movie?
    The Shawshank Redemption. Bambi(1984) (which I can narrate in full). I saw Tenet and I think it’s awesome, similar to Shutter Island and Inception.

Favorite TV series?
    Lucifer, Avatar (the last airbender), Doctor Who 2009-2018 (I hated the last season, they switched some writers and ugh).

Favorite song/artist/band?
    Muse, Taylor Swift, Christina Perri. I honestly do not fangirl over any but this is what I have stored on my iphone rn.
    Oh and Michael Jackson. I love his stuff.

What are your hobbies besides writing?
    I have polymer clay that I don’t use often enough. I sing in a choir. Ballroom dancing. READING. I read everything. (hence, fav book is a trick question).

If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
    Iceland, Lapland (I know that isn’t a land but you said ‘where’ so), maybe Spitsbergen

What is one positive thing that has happened so far for you in 2020 (you might have to dig real deep for this)?
    Uhh I’m going to become an aunt!! SIL is due Jan 7 so probably this year (first babies are usually early)

How long have you been writing fake ponies?
    Since approximately 17 years. I started in Dutch.

How long have you been writing fake ponies on Beqanna?
    2,5 years. I know, I’m a noob

What was the name of your first ever fake horse?
    I don’t remember but I think Boy (this was a Dutch site don’t judge me!!) and Rashida

What about the first fake horse you played on Beqanna?
    Ilma

Who is your favorite character that you’ve ever played?
    I can’t get enough of playing Leilan so... OH. And Teagan (if I remember his name correctly), Pyry, Aamu and Ahti on other sites.

Who is currently your favorite mare that you play?
    Eurwen. Though I kinda just posted her in coma just now so we’ll see how that goes

Who is currently your favorite stallion that you play?
    Leilan then. But I’m also super excited for Oren!

Who would you like to write with that you don’t usually write with?
    Uhh I’m gonna say laura and hope she sees me <3 and uhhm, I’d like to steal some time with Colby and Jassal and Sarah (both of them) as well if they can spare one, but I know everyone is super busy these days. I also need more Sid threads. Leah. Hanna. Bru and kahzie. (Is this everyone I am not currently writing with bc I think it is)
    Scratch that, just gimme everyone. Please tag the char you want or just my OOC and let’s play!

What do you like most about your own writing/characters?
    I like it most when my characters do the opposite of what I thought I was going to write when I started the post xD

What is one of your favorite personal plots/threads?
    Uhm, Brelan and Leilli are definitely the best plots. I loved Beryl and want more of that (so I’m not tired of writing with you Ratty). Leilan meeting Kora.
    Actually, Leilan trying to defend Icicle Isle for Nerine and then Heartfire blowing it all up is my fav, next to him getting almost eaten by Deiti. What can I say, I love it when he almost-dies and then gets thrown back in. He needs to get killed more often.

What’s your favorite trait that you have played?
    Sublimation, dragon ice/frost aura

What trait would you LIKE to play someday?
    Fairy dust

Is there anyone that you wish would come back to the game?
    Nev, Lydia

Show me a funny meme or gif.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I made a quiz instead of doing anything useful - by Vanilla Custard - 09-11-2020, 05:18 AM