• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  take me to where the devil won't go

Truthfully, Derelict hadn’t noticed the glowing statue. Perhaps the light might’ve drawn her attention if there wasn’t already fire flickering in the corner of her eyesight at all times. It’s the movement that draws her, a predatory snap of her head towards it as she watches something that is almost another foal beneath the tree she took shelter then. There’s something not quite right about them, as though they are not fully there and Derelict moves her head around a little to confirm that she can actually see through their body.

It’s fascinating!

And it is only then that she sees the frozen colt body - but as he isn’t moving, Derelict doesn’t give him much thought just yet. “No.” She answers simply, with a small smile as she takes him in. Her head moves forward slightly because she has suddenly wondered what this foal apparition tastes like (air? blood?) but it jerks back when someone else joins - someone looking like they had spent a little too much time in the rain.

The armoured girl tilts her head slightly, forgetting the drizzle for a moment as her gaze flicks back and forth between these two odd foals and their questions. “I’m a girl!” She responds incredulously to the other foal that shows up, her prehensile tail twitching a little behind her in surprise over this question. Wasn’t that obvious? She was another foal just like them!

“Were you swimming?” She asks the filly just because it feels like it’s her turn to ask something - and the idea of anyone willingly submerging themselves in water or being in the rain long enough to get so drenched is both novel and horrifying at the same time.

@[Mondrian]

Messages In This Thread
    take me to where the devil won't go - by Derelict - 09-10-2020, 05:55 PM
    RE: take me to where the devil won't go - by Derelict - 09-13-2020, 04:05 PM