• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but we call it home
    [quote="echis" pid='107944' dateline='1599865050']
    echis
    “ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”

Echis has never asked anything of Ryatah. Her love has always been more than enough to keep her daughter happy. She recognizes her face now like someone she might have seen in passing the day before, though she can’t be entirely sure. She seems so hurt by the confusion in Echis’s voice. And so she repeats it once more.

You’re with me.

Her brow furrows but she nods anyway because going home sounds like something good when it’s spoken in Ryatah’s voice. She sucks in a gasp when the healing first touches her like a cool balm that spreads over her tired, broken body. Her skin weaves its way across her face and down her spine, extending down her shoulders and hips. It feels so strange as it cloaks her from the burning pain that had been her existence just minutes prior. The midnight black of her coat springs up to warm her against the winter chill but her white mane is made of fluff, much like it had been when she was born.

Scars the shape of teeth riddle her skin now - across her shoulders and down her belly. They seem faded, as though she earned them a decade before. A bright pink line across her throat - fresh, new - marks the injury that took her life.

She blinks, and she is overcome with a flood of relief that it no longer hurts just to do this. Fat tears come rolling down her cheeks and the salt of them does not ignite the agony anymore. Her mother eaches out to touch her, and she flinches at first, terrified of what being touched may bring. But there is only a gentle warmth beneath her affections. She says there is nothing to apologize for, but it does not clear the storm of emotions still roaring in her breast - the confusion, the fear, the sorrow.

Echis takes a cautious step forward. Her body still warns her that to be held may be hell. But that brief brush of Ryatah touching her neck had felt good - the first good feeling she can remember. She eases into an embrace at the rate of glaciers migrating, until at last she is pressed close to the angel’s chest. She exhales a breath that she hadn’t realized she was holding.

There were others. Everyone looked confused, and tired,” she whispers, biting her lip to keep the choking sobs at bay. “I didn’t know any of them. I just know we all went somewhere very far away.

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    but we call it home - by echis - 09-03-2020, 09:44 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by Ryatah - 09-11-2020, 12:34 AM
    RE: but we call it home - by echis - 09-11-2020, 05:57 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by Ryatah - 09-14-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by echis - 09-16-2020, 08:16 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by Ryatah - 09-27-2020, 01:03 AM
    RE: but we call it home - by echis - 10-04-2020, 08:14 AM