• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but we call it home
    echis
    “ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”

Echis has always thought the world of her mother, of the surrogate father who always tells her goodnight. Even now, with nothing left but a few droplets of her soul, seeing Ryatah provides a sense of calm to her. It doesn’t stop the heaving sobs from bubbling up, but it quells the fear. The soft glow of her keeps the girl in place when the angel draws closer to her child. But her name is strange against her ears.

Echis?” she parrots, and then she is thrown into the depths of agony when her mother touches that raw skin. She stumbles back with a desperate yelp of pain. What happened to her? Where has she been? Echis hardly hears the questions as her pulse throbs wildly in her ears. How could she even begin to answer? She takes in gasping breaths as she tries to bring her focus back to the conversation.

I.. I’m lost,” she chokes out. “I woke up.. on a beach. Then I came here. I don’t know.. I don’t know..

And then she’s crying again. She wants to remember, to feel something other than this frantic terror. Every time she reaches for whatever came before, though, it feels like remembering being born. Echis stares into the glimmering amethysts embedded in Ryatah’s face, but they only make her feel a different shade of sorrow. It feels like failure and shame, she thinks.

I’m so sorry..

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    but we call it home - by echis - 09-03-2020, 09:44 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by Ryatah - 09-11-2020, 12:34 AM
    RE: but we call it home - by echis - 09-11-2020, 05:57 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by Ryatah - 09-14-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by echis - 09-16-2020, 08:16 PM
    RE: but we call it home - by Ryatah - 09-27-2020, 01:03 AM
    RE: but we call it home - by echis - 10-04-2020, 08:14 AM