• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but devil, that won't be me

Had she the ability, she would have turned the most brilliant shade of pink upon realizing that he’d somehow discerned her desire to touch his glowing cheeks. It doesn’t occur to her (at least not immediately) that he had plucked them directly from her thoughts. Instead she imagines she must have let something slip by accident, which is quite possibly more embarrassing than the alternative.

“Oh, uhhh…” She drops her gaze in chagrin, shuffling her feet as though it would distract from her faux pas. When he offers his cheek to her however, she blinks up at him in surprise for a moment. It had been a silly impulse, but when she finds it offered to her on a proverbial silver platter, it suddenly seems a little less silly.

Hesitantly, she reaches out. She flinches when she first touches his cheek (the barest whisper of her muzzle). Emboldened by her success however, she brushes the golden line again. She’s not quite sure what she had expected, but she feels only the faint warmth of his skin. Quickly withdrawing, she finds herself a bit at a loss as she peers at him with a bit of a baffled expression. Not quite sure what else to say, she replies, “My mom glows too.”

It’s almost a relief then to talk about snow instead. It’s hard to imagine a snowdrift, but it certainly sounds fascinating. Who knew snow could drift? Or that it would make it soft?

A laugh escapes her lips at his last statement, quickly muffled. She hadn’t meant to laugh at what must be an embarrassing memory, but she couldn’t help it. Especially when he too laughed. If nothing else, the humor allows the remnants of her own discomfort and embarrassment to drain away, leaving curiosity in its wake. “Do you have a lot of snow where you’re from?”

Azure

you take the shape of everything I'm drawn to

@[Malone]

Messages In This Thread
    but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 08-24-2020, 04:50 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Malone - 09-12-2020, 08:22 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 10-05-2020, 12:26 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Malone - 10-06-2020, 10:07 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 10-14-2020, 10:19 AM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Malone - 10-26-2020, 06:56 PM
    RE: but devil, that won't be me - by Azure - 11-18-2020, 10:15 AM