• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i took a calculated risk; straia

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

The news of Sochi is recent. Yet another disappointment, it would seem. What a shame that others cannot be relied upon, that they cannot do what it takes to break the world beneath their feet. Straia is, of course, aware that Breach has decided to take over her mother’s plan, but still, she is doing so in another land. This leaves Straia well...it leaves her feeling rather free. Not that Sochi had kept her in chains, or Ghaul for that matter, but Straia does have a certain sense of honor. Not the common sort, but something like loyalty. She’d chosen Sochi, but she had not chosen Breach.

But today, it seems, may not be a disappointment. The figure on the beach is a familiar one, and one that maybe was less of a disappointment than all the rest. ”Not at all, if you do not mind some company ” she purrs in that deep, smoky voice of hers. A voice that knows far more than it should. Her amber eyes look at him in a way that is clear they see far more than they should. ”I do admit, I am growing fond of the Cove. Though it is perhaps a bit...quiet….for my tastes.” The way she says quiet implies far more, and she suspects he is smart enough to figure it out.

She does have her own agenda, but that doesn’t mean there might not be some way to work together, after all.

”A shame about Sochi,” she says, settling in to stroll along the beach with him, the swell of her belly evident enough in the morning light. Though she does not move quite like a pregnant mare, and it’s clear there is some bit of her magic at work here. Straia has never had an uncomfortable pregnancy, but she is not hiding its existence as she could. ”Though it seems you have been busy. What do you plan to do in Loess and Nerine?” Not that she doesn’t know per se, for she knows a great many things, but really, the question is an invitation. She wants to know if he’ll accept.

-- straia

the raven queen

@[ghaul]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    i took a calculated risk; straia - by ghaul - 08-23-2020, 08:46 PM
    RE: i took a calculated risk; straia - by Straia - 08-24-2020, 09:43 AM
    RE: i took a calculated risk; straia - by ghaul - 08-24-2020, 11:27 PM
    RE: i took a calculated risk; straia - by Straia - 08-25-2020, 10:18 AM