• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if the whole world just stops singing

The buckskin filly trembles slightly, though she cannot tell if it is fear that seizes her or just the quiet panic that is constantly nestled in her chest, settled there tightly as the little pitter patter of her heart flourishes. She is too young to be as farsighted as Oriash is and only finds herself living moment to moment, wondering if perhaps the next day she will suddenly have the strength to spread her wings and fly with her brother and mothers. She, of course, doesn’t realize how truly good she has it, despite her illness. Even as Oriash reminds her (and Olena cannot begin to imagine how hard it had been to voice it, when Oriash did not have the same childhood), the rich gold of Olena’s face remains downturned, her dark tail flicking gently behind her.

She does know, however, that the shelter of her elder sister’s wing is a comfort that she finds strength enough to lift her head, those curious and wide brown eyes looking up at her with admiration. “I know,” she replies quietly, almost as if she wishes she hadn’t complained at all; because, of course, Oriash was absolutely right. No matter her condition, she will be intensely loved. A tiny smile finds the dark of her mouth, lipping gently at the tendrils of Oriash’s long mane. She still felt tired, but the tiniest bit more hopeful; the world always seemed so terrible when she was alone, anyway. With someone, especially someone like Oriash, Olena feels a little bit more invincible.

“Of course, Oriash,” the young girl replies with a chirp, feeling a bit more ready to move forward even though it may not last long. The warmth of the sun does little to chase away that eternal feeling of chilliness, but her time beneath her sister’s wing and pressing against her gold and blue-speckled skin was enough to keep it at bay for a while. Her own white and blue wings flutter gently at her sides (useless and frail) as they are, in thought. “I don’t know if I know many good stories,” she confesses softly, focusing intently on each step she takes. She moves rather slow but Oriash seems not to mind the pace. “Once, grandpa told me a story about the goddess that lives in the volcano. She brings life to all of Tephra. She’s beautiful and not as scary as you’d think. She’s covered in the beautiful green grass inland, with all of the tropical flowers too! Have you seen her before? Maybe I'll see her one day and she can bring her magic into whatever is wrong with me and heal me.”

OLENA
    & all the stars go dark
    i turn the light on in my soul

Messages In This Thread
    if the whole world just stops singing - by Olena - 08-19-2020, 08:13 PM
    RE: if the whole world just stops singing - by Olena - 09-12-2020, 03:46 PM