• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if the whole world just stops singing
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

It is not pity that Ori feels for her sister, nor even necessarily worry. The little filly would learn to live with her sickness, or perhaps it would fade in time. No, Ori finds only understanding here, something Olena cannot truly understand only because she does not know Oriash’s history. None of them do, including their mothers. They were gone, after all, and Ori had been alone when Castile had snuck in to steal her. She’d made it easy for him, following without complaint, because in the end, it had not mattered where she’d gone. There’d been nothing left in the Cove for her, and very little anywhere else.

Castile had been the closest thing she’d had to family, and had he pushed her, she might have turned easily into his creature, simply hoping for approval and acceptance from someone, anyone. Oriash understands weakness, for she has always been weak, in her way.

It is perhaps lucky that Castile never pushed, never taught Ori what she was truly capable of. Illusions did not always need to be pretty things, but she had never pushed into the realm of creating emotions or pain, had never truly thought to use her gift to manipulate as she so easily could. Instead she painted dreams and wishes.

As her sister coughs, Ori is there to be a pillar, without the same fuss or worry that their mothers might bring. She is simply a support, even as the filly buries her face into Oriash’s wing. ”I don’t know,” she says, unwilling to offer false hope, but also certainly not dismissing the possibility that Olena might one day shake the sickness. She gives only the truth.

Ori unfurls a wing, offering the warmth and comfort of it to Olena should she want. ”What I do know is that you will be special, and loved, no matter what. I also know that is a beautiful day to bathe in the sun. Will you join me, and tell me a story?” There is something playful, perhaps even excited, in her eyes at the question, though Ori waits to see how Olena will respond. Perhaps Olena cannot go far, but Ori can bring this world, or any other, to her sister. That part would be a surprise though.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    if the whole world just stops singing - by Olena - 08-19-2020, 08:13 PM
    RE: if the whole world just stops singing - by Oriash - 09-07-2020, 02:20 PM