• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sing me the dirge of our love
    VIRGIL
    i will answer god in a voice made of teeth.
    He remains disappointed with himself for being unable to take down Breach as his father had instructed. Virgil paces near the burning tree, grumbling about how he wishes he were fully grown already. But perhaps there is a way to grow stronger today, he realizes. Father had told him of the entities guarding the Cove and how they’d granted Yadigar his gifts. The young boy looks to the tree now, appraising it for a while before creeping closer to it.

Is it the tree itself that grants the wishes? He listens carefully to the crackling embers as he edges closer to it. “Hello?” he whispers, as though he may disturb it from some slumber. “Can I ask a favor, please?” The flames carry on as they always have, undaunted by his question. Virgil wonders if the tree would shoo him if it were not interested in hearing him. He gathers his courage and takes another step closer.

Yadigar got his sparks from you, right? Well, I was wondering if maybe you’d give me fire? If you don't want to, that’s okay too!” he quickly explains. He tilts his head, sending his halo swaying lightly on its axis, straining for some reply.

Virgil is requesting a fire aura from Straia, who he thinks is inside the tree for some reason.