• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  they all go into the dark, round III [MATURE]
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative|Yanone+Kaffeesatz&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><div style="box-shadow:0px 0px 5px #000,0px 0px 10px #000;margin:auto;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(0,0,0,0)100px,rgba(31,32,31,1)400px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/3JX2MMcJ/13-Heron-Cendre-Vivienne-B.jpg') top no-repeat;background-size:600px auto;width:580px;border:1px solid #000;padding:200px 10px 0px 10px;">
    <div style="text-align:center;padding:0px 0px 80px 40px;font:72px cinzel decorative;letter-spacing:60px;color:rgba(250,250,250,0.25);">echis</div>
    <div style="border:3px double #eee;border-radius:35%/35px 35px 0px 0px;border-top:0px;border-bottom:0px;padding:10px;color:#999;font-face:times new roman;"><div style="font:12px yanone kaffeesatz;text-align:center;padding:5px 5px 10px 5px;">“ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”</div>

She knows very little beyond the buzzing that shakes her vision and disrupts her balance, causing her to sway on the cliff’s edge. But her gaze follows where it is commanded, as the needle leads the thread. The shimmering thing grows right before her eyes. Echis has hardly noticed the way the ground quakes but her attention is drawn to it only by the grace of Carnage’s thoughts. Their thoughts - his and whatever lies beyond.

The serpent girl stumbles back the few steps she can manage and then she takes a running leap toward the shimmering maw that awaits her. Somewhere in the buzzing, she worries she hasn’t jumped far enough, but then she is too dizzy to keep her thoughts together.

There too many voices, too many sounds in her head to remain fully present for the fall. It grows dark at some point. Finally, the buzzing softens and leaves room for her to think again. The noise continues in the background for a while longer but she is consumed by something new entirely. She has begun to unravel, much like a ball of yarn tossed down a flight of stairs. Every fiber of her prickles and then falls away in the dark, but somehow she watches it all float from her - her gems, her skin, her scales. Echis tries to furrow her brows in confusion and finds the muscles no longer there.

Then, bit by bit, this Other Place puts her back together again. Her bones find cartilage, which in turns finds the muscle fibers. But the mouth keeps her skin to chew a while longer. She realizes this when the cold air finds her raw body, bleeding and burning like nothing she has known. She cries out in pain and stumbles to her knees only to find that this draws more agony across her every nerve. Unable to blink, her tears flow freely down her face as she forces herself to rise.

Her body still vibrates as though the buzzing never left her. Echis trembles as she rises back up onto her small hooves. Normally, focusing on the horizon would steady her, but it looks crooked somehow and far too close. Above, the sky fluctuates like ocean waves yet the ground beneath her drifts slowly by. She weakly searches every corner of her mind with an exhausted sense of urgency for Carnage. Was he still with her?

“<I>Can you hear me?</i>” she whispers, afraid of the way her lips sting when they move to speak. “<I>If I can’t come back, tell Mother I’m so sorry.</i>”

Because even now, her greatest fear is failure in her endeavor.</div></div>

ooc: echis lost all her skin! yay!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they all go into the dark, round III [MATURE] - by echis - 08-19-2020, 08:45 PM