• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your precious light is fading; savage
    be still, my foolish heart
    don't ruin this for me

She will have to go eventually. And what will happen when she does? Will he forget her? Such thoughts have never troubled her before. She has never felt any particular need to be anything exceptional. She has never wanted to be different or special. She has always been content to just be. Perhaps this the most troubling thing of all: the fact that she feels some sharp twinge of wonder, some misplaced nervousness that he won’t think of her at all when they eventually part ways.

Her heart beats sideways only briefly before it rights itself again and she presses her forehead into the soft feathered wings, exhaling as she does. Perhaps she can burrow herself into the spaces between his ribs, live there instead of the meadow with her father and her sister. Isn’t that where she belongs? In those valleys in his ribcage, in the meat of his heart? Is that not where the fates live? Certainly she will carry him there when she goes.

For now, though, she shakes her head and exhales her soft, sweet sigh. “No,” she murmurs into his side, wondering when he will dissolve back into the water. Because, in her mind, he will be the one who leaves.

She is not cold, not really. But there is a series of tremors that steal down the ladder of her spine. Buried there in the galaxies along her back, it kicks the air out of her chest. She is so soft for someone whose edges are so stiff. So willing. Pliable. Keen to be shaped in whatever way he sees fit.

Still, she wears that dreamy smile as she considers his question. They are young, certainly too young for the gravity of the things they say, but she draws her fine head back far enough to meet his soft, lavender eye. Her own eyes are galaxies as she studies his handsome face.

Easy,” she murmurs, reaching out to nudge him gingerly, “I will be wherever you need me.” They are just pretty words, of course, because she has know way of knowing if he should need her. But it is a heavy sentiment and she means it as much as she can.

clementia

@[Molech]

Messages In This Thread
    your precious light is fading; savage - by Molech - 08-04-2020, 05:29 PM
    RE: your precious light is fading; savage - by clementia - 10-14-2020, 03:08 PM