• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tired of nothing

aedan --

Aedan chuckles at that, nodding along. ”I remember when I was a boy, always running off when my parents weren’t looking. Though somehow that’s the least terrifying thought. Maybe because I did it and survived. So did Vita, for that matter. It is how we met.” They had known each other for so long, and though he’s not entirely sure why he’s sharing all this with a stranger who probably doesn’t care, if he’s going to live here, he’d like to be forthcoming and open.

Gale goes on to tell him more about the Island, and Aedan nods along, looking as Gale indicates different things of note. His eyes travel to the place where Gale points with a wing, chuckling as Gale explains why. That would have been his follow up question, because he really wanted to know why he shouldn’t eat a red banana. He was, in so many ways, still a child himself. Perhaps this was the most terrifying thing about being a parent. How do you parent when you are barely an adult yourself?

”Gotcha, so unless I want to go for a trip, steer clear.” As much as he liked adventures, he didn’t necessarily need to see and hear things that weren’t real. The topic shifts at his next question though, and Aedan listens to the answer. Sparsely populated, though that was fine by him. He didn’t need a bustling kingdom - that had never really been his lifestyle - but they did want a safe place to call home. He follows the pointing wing in the direction of Gales nest (perhaps the stallion is part bird...not that Aedan was judging, he was made of the night after all). ”Well, we can certainly manage to find space around your area, it seems. Though I admit, I cannot promise my child will not go exploring…” he says with a chuckle. Children were prone to going where they were not invited, after all.

Aedan’s interest perks though at the mention of seeing what it looks like from above. ”That sounds fascinating. How do you manage that trick?” Though his tone and expression makes it clear he’s more than willing to find out the answer by a demonstration. Gale may be eager, but Aedan finds that he is eager as well. The Island is beautiful, it is peaceful but not entirely empty, and he can imagine raising a family here. Besides, Gale is easy to talk to, and it might be nice to have another stallion around.

@[Gale]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-01-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-06-2020, 07:54 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-07-2020, 02:58 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-09-2020, 07:15 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 08-18-2020, 09:48 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 08-26-2020, 07:27 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 09-01-2020, 03:27 PM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Gale - 09-09-2020, 07:17 AM
    RE: tired of nothing - by Aedan - 10-17-2020, 09:35 AM