• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  (any) thing could happen

A small, almost inaudible sigh escapes Fiorina at the description of being able to fly. She can do so much, has been born with extraordinary features, but to fly is a dream that has haunted her for some time. She tells herself that it is because she will be an even fiercer predator from the skies - and yet there are some simple joys she craves.

She wonders what it would feel like to soar beneath the stars, to feel the breeze between feathers, to dive and skim the surface of water with one of her hooves or the tip of her tail.

That would be extraordinary.

The few silent moments they share are spent daydreaming and Fiorina forgets that she was annoyed - a rare peaceful expression softening her armoured features as much as possible.

“I’m Fiorina. And you?”

And then, because she feels like she needs to explain her completely random interest in the rustling of feathers, she adds - “I went to the mountain, seeking wings, and the fairies stole my sight instead.” Later, maybe, Fiorina will wonder if there will be consequences for these words - but she’s thought far worse about the meddlesome mountain-dwellers. “Apparently I need to learn some humility first, can you imagine that?” She says this with a bit of a laugh (she knows what she's like well enough), tossing her head and causing the firelight to dance a little in the shadows around them.

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 07-27-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 07-29-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 08-03-2020, 11:04 AM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 08-04-2020, 09:36 AM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 09-03-2020, 03:13 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 09-12-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 09-26-2020, 08:29 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 10-06-2020, 05:21 PM