• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  rise, if you would, for that is our curse.
    echis
    “ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”

She is nearly grown and yet her heart remains feather soft. This is why it cuts her so deeply to see her mother in pain. Echis had loved the gentle way Ryatah looked at her each morning. But now her eyes are gone, and though she commands her child not to bother herself with trying to get them back, she finds that a burning remains between her small ribs. It is her father’s anger that blooms like a midnight rose in the pit of her. The serpent girl waits patiently until her mother sleeps and then she rises from their little bed in Hyaline.

It is easy to sneak away in the dead of night. Atrox has never taken much interest in her existence and this does not change when she slips across the border. Larva had told her the mountain was a terrible place, she remembers. But hadn’t it given her these beautiful eyes? Didn’t it make the gems sprout from her perfect skin?

She pauses long enough to spare a glance in her mother’s direction. Echis adores the way Ryatah glows in the moonlight, she thinks with a soft smile. Whatever price the mountain requests of her will be of little importance compared to the reward. She exhales slowly and begins her journey to the mountain’s peak.

Loose stones slow her pace and she gives a small cry when they catch her by surprise. Each stumble only serves to strengthen her resolve, however, as she continues up the winding path. Echis is surprised at how clearly she can see the stars once the air grows thin and breathing becomes a labor of its own. Her morganite eyes blink slowly as she pauses to consider this a moment longer. Is this far enough? Will these stars hear her request from here? Only one way to find out.

Hello? My name is Echis, and I’m here to get my mother’s eyes back,” she explains as she lifts her chin. Her voice is quieter than she would like but she fears sounding too demanding. “I don’t think I have much to offer you in return, though.

She holds her breath, as though she can will the universe to reply.

@[Carnage] or any :)