• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold back the river; altissima

He watches her and Tarian catches himself grinning. It’s uncharacteristic for the silver pegasus. He has always considered him gruff and terse where it came to strangers. It had always been Liam who had smiled and charmed; it had been Tarian who had stood silent and scowled.

But there is no Liam here and Tarian certainly isn't scowling now.

Tarian catches the way that the light plays across her eyes and it intrigues him. He also notices the smile that quirks at the edge of her spotted features and the nomad wonders if things might be changing, if all those endless nights under the watchful stars and listening to his Uncle have changed him in some way.

"Oh?" he quips back, curious about the way that she speaks of the luck being used up and gone. His handsome expression has warmed since their initial interaction but she does have him wondering. "Why would you say that the luck is gone? From what I could tell from up there,” and he motions by pointing one pale wing to the sky above, "the grass still grows and the rivers still run. I saw no signs of famine or drought.”

Drawing it back in, he takes a step closer to Altissima. "I wouldn’t mind fitting in," he ruefully says about being luckless with the lot of them, "but I also wouldn’t mind turning my luck around.”

The winged stallion is curious about this Beqanna but he finds himself becoming curious about his current companion too. As he watches @[Altissima], Tarian isn't entirely sure how she would feel to have the conversation directed back towards her. His blue eyes flick up and notice that the sun has risen significantly and that he has passed the better part of the morning with the spotted mare. He finds that he doesn't mind and more surprisingly, that the time has flown by so fast.

"You said that you had been coming out here the last couple of mornings," he finally decides on saying. "Is that because of your lack of luck or something else?"

Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength
    which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

image credit to footybandit

Messages In This Thread
    hold back the river; altissima - by Tarian - 07-24-2020, 11:41 AM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Altissima - 07-26-2020, 07:28 PM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Tarian - 07-30-2020, 11:57 AM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Altissima - 08-07-2020, 07:23 PM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Tarian - 08-08-2020, 11:17 AM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Altissima - 09-03-2020, 09:28 AM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Tarian - 09-04-2020, 04:32 PM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Altissima - 09-26-2020, 05:42 PM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Tarian - 10-09-2020, 03:05 PM
    RE: hold back the river; altissima - by Altissima - 12-23-2020, 10:17 PM