• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam)

let my shadows prove the sunshine

About that, comes her honey-sweet voice and the stallion grins, thinking that the debate was over and she had every intention to dance the dance with him once again. She pauses and it is not the length of the pause that brings him from his reverie, but the lack of movement. Mild concern flutters across his white face, leaning back only slightly so that he could glance at her and give her a quick once over - perhaps he had been too bold (it has happened before) or maybe he has missed something completely. It turns out to be the latter when she quietly and hurriedly confesses to him that: Svedka, we’re going to be a family.

The statement confuses him at first because he thought that they already were - her, Kagerus, Solace, his other siblings and his countless nieces and nephews, and, of course, Ilma herself. Svedka takes a solid step back, taking in the perfect cream of her face and those doe-like eyes, studying her with a gentle inquisitiveness that is almost boyish. Of course, never being a father before (a knowing one) made it quite easy for him to miss what she is telling him at first, and his gentle smile fades into a thin line as he purses his lips thoughtfully. “Ilma, I don’t -” his voice is laced with gentleness, his mind still trying to take the steps to come to the same conclusion that she has.

Ilma’s soft voice floats through the summer air again and he is rife with more confusion, suddenly feeling frustrated because her voice held something so much more - and he knew it - and he felt as if she was turning away from him for reasons he did not understand. It is the last thing that he would ever want, to be turned away, yet he stands there in the water dumbfoundedly, a near pout on his lips. “Keep me from what, Ilma?” His voice is firm, a snort leaving his ivory nostrils.

Then, the realization hits him like a rogue wave in the Tephran sea.

His brows rise and his face softens, a barely audible gasp leaving him. Svedka’s eyes are bright with shock and wonder as he gently presses his mouth to her smooth cheek. With a voice as quiet and unassuming as could be, he asks her for clarity. “From becoming a father?”

svedka

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-03-2020, 07:44 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-13-2020, 03:06 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-05-2020, 01:04 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Svedka - 08-11-2020, 06:48 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-14-2020, 07:42 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 09-05-2020, 03:58 PM