• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam)

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

Toivo honestly has other things on his mind; so when the palomino overo arrives, the young perlino hardly notices. He has the smell of Tephra, after all - smells of home, of the beach and ashes, so why would he notice it as an anomaly? Besides - besides, his mother smells often of the stallion. Not that he blames her, but he's around so much, the pale male honestly doesn't mind him any more.

Not that he means he doesn't like Svedka, too - far from that. But Toivo just happens to prefer that kind of blue in the eyes of a certain girl, his own age. So it is that he smiles politely at the gold-and-cream marked male, his mind already in Taiga, and only kisses his mother's cheek quickly as a goodbye. "See you," he says, adding a small grin to Svedka in the process, and then disappears.

The white mare herself, honestly, doesn't really mind either - though she is somehow wise enough to give the male a look that should be recognized as disapproval, even if her eyes are smiling. He couldn't say anything, really, that would have her disapprove of his coming closer, coming to see her, but now and then it seemed he couldn't even keep up the appearance of gentleman-like behaviour, and for that, he received, well... looks. The Look, in fact, or so Toivo would tell her.

She breaks the moment with a small tug on his ear. "I see you swam without me today." She tells him with a small nibble on his skin, breaking one of the salty patches that have accumulated. Her tone is light-hearted though; she honestly had done the same thing, only with the waterfall pool. Never mind that, then, she thinks, instead finding his eyes for a moment longer. Suddenly she wonders if he'd lose this - this childlike behaviour - but then she pushes the thought aside. Nothing would change him; or at least so she hopes. She wouldn't want to weigh his spirit down with the responsibility that's growing upon - inside - of her, not ever.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise her if he wouldn't at all times be here - how long before he would take another 'long way home', she wonders. Would Tephra - would she still be home? Honestly, she doesn't dare hope; instead, she lets her worries be what they are when she cleans some salt of his withers, then rests her head upon his warm body with a smile. There is no room for such thoughts right now, or shouldn't be, and she'd best let them go.

Come what may, they were going to be a family, and that's all that mattered.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

@[Svedka]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-03-2020, 07:44 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 07-13-2020, 03:06 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-05-2020, 01:04 PM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 08-14-2020, 07:42 AM
    RE: And I am lost again; Svedka (&fam) - by Ilma - 09-05-2020, 03:58 PM