• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  living like we're renegades
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

“I went to the Mountain,” Gale tells Nashua, his electric gaze having turned toward the osprey at the mention of him. “And when I came back to the island, having been gifted by the fairies - ” here he bows his head a bit, tilting it so that Nashua may get a better look at the curling horns between his ears - “Erne was waiting for me.” The bird makes a quiet little hiss that sounds almost like agreement. Then he resettles his wings and Gale looks back at Nashua with a smile as the younger stallion tells him of Elio’s nickname and an attempt at one for Yanhua.

The conversation is light and easy, like the way it should be between siblings. Gale is sad to lose that for the vision he shares, but he thinks it important, and Nashua recovers quickly, changing the subject back to something easier.

“Blue.” He replies with a rueful expression. He had gone with the very obvious when that had been all he had known. “I chose the name Blue for myself, when I was not sure what my name was.” That sounds like the beginning of a long tale, but as the thunder rumbles overhead, Gale knows they have time for one.

So he shares it, skipping over the more gruesome bits (like the sensation of burning alive and how it feels to be trapped in the earth), while the storm batters against the island. After that are stories of happier things, like the instructions for a game of hide-and-peek,  a request for a description of Nashua’s favorite places in Taiga and the North, and a better display of Gale’s slowly recovering abilities.

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    living like we're renegades - by Gale - 06-26-2020, 06:50 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-11-2020, 07:06 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-13-2020, 07:22 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-17-2020, 07:42 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-18-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-18-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-27-2020, 07:28 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-30-2020, 06:12 PM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Gale - 07-31-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: living like we're renegades - by Nashua - 07-31-2020, 12:52 PM