• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Midsummer's Dream
    Rainbow 
                   A Midsummers Dream                  

It all seemed like a dream to her, she had never seen such peace. 
    It had only been moments from when she emerged through the tree line, in search for something, or someone new. Ull had just turned 5, already an adolescent mare searching for a new herd to call home, or perhaps she'd just stick to being alone for now..
    Ull took a moment to take in her surroundings, it was truly a sight, the cascading waterfall, the lush grass for all to graze in seemed like bliss, Ull quickly trotted up doing a few circles around the field before finding a place to graze like all the other horses seemed to do, unbothered by her appearance. Ull took a few mouthfuls of the enriching grass, her ears twitching whenever she heard something come past her, perhaps it was her instincts from the herd she had once lived with that made her so uptight, though she quickly learned that this place wasn't that bad after all.
    [Image: ull2.png?width=615&height=676]

if i stare into the abyss, will it stare into me?

Autumn has arrived. The bitter wind howled through Taiga early that morning, blowing his tangled white mane to one side of his neck instead of both, as it usually sits. Skeleton Ghoul doesn't mind -- quite the opposite. The cold months are his favorite. Still, it's been a while since he's left Taiga, so the titanic stud casually makes his way down south towards the Field. 

The grazing here is still thick and green, a perfect opportunity for the sharp-toothed stallion to gorge before the cold kills it all. He does just that for several hours, not seeing many others, until an average-sized spotted mare turns up. Skeleton Ghoul smells her before he sees her, and lifts his head, chewing like a goat. He waits until they are closer together, pausing his grazing in order to look at her with empty, white eyes. 

"New here?"

SKELETON GHOUL

@[Ull] OOC: this is the worst I am so sorry
    Ull grazed along quietly, the brisk wind sending shivers up her spine. She never liked the cold, it was when she and her herd suffered most, something she did not want to be reminded of. Munching on the grass, unknowingly walking closer to the beast of a horse until suddenly, she heard an unfamiliar voice possible speaking to her. 

Ull looked up at the stallion who was mere meters away from her, his pure white eyes staring into her gave the mare a kind of uneasy feeling. Seeing his sharp teeth was quite unusual for the mare, of course she was just a juvenile and had unlimited years ahead of her. As to not seem rude- Ull responded in a small voice.

”Yes..”

She mumbled out, she’d wish what she was facing was truly just a gentle giant. The mares ears had pinned to the sides of her head, feeling uneasy.
    OOC; sir I’m literally on my phone so whatever you think is bad, I’m gonna be much worse
    [Image: ull2.png]

Pinned ears on a mare are never a good sign. Skeleton Ghoul keeps a polite distance (and by polite, he means he's out of kicking range), only watching her. The wind kicks up again, bitter and biting, blowing his tangled, faerie-braided all over the place -- he waits for her to say something else besides just "Yes", but apparently that's all she's got. Oh, great. The conversation is riding on his dubious ability to be charming.

Chewing and swallowing another mouthful (his front teeth are all sharp but he still has molars, thankfully), Skel takes in a breath. "Name's Skeleton Ghoul," the stallion offers. "Or Skel, is fine. That's what most people in Taiga call me."

As if to show he has no intention of being a threat, despite his teeth and being about two thousand pounds, the titan drops his head and resumes grazing. She can tell him her name if she wants, or not. It's up to the spotted woman.

SKELETON GHOUL

@[Ull]
    [Image: qZyWUwo.png]
    The mare stood aloof in the middle of the field, noticing the stallion surprisingly calmly graze upon the grass. Perhaps the giant of the stallion was actually trying to woo her into joining whatever land he was from? Couldn't be! He wasn't even trying, even if he was he's doing a pretty bad job at it. Ull could feel another brisk breeze shock into her, she didn't like it one bit; even though her winter coat had already grown in. The mare still stood her ground, Listening to the words that came out of his mouth.
    "Skel.. I'm Ull. It's nice to meet you?"
    She said with some uncertainty in her voice, recapping his words in her mind.
    "What is Taiga?" 
    She asked, her ears relaxing, hoping not to make the poor giant scared. Perhaps Taiga was what one of those pre-determined trails lead to. Oh well, she'd know soon enough. 
    [Image: ull2.png]

He nods. "It is a pleasure to meet you, then, Ull." 

The woman asks about Taiga, and finally, Skel has something he can talk about. He is awful at this recruiting thing. The stallion snatches another mouthful of grass, chewing it as he contemplates his answer.

"It is the land of giants," the titan finally replies. "The follow the river north from here until the mist becomes thick and persistent. Cross the river then, and you will be in Taiga -- trees as tall and old as time, that blot out the sky. There, even titans like me feel small. I love it there, and there are no strangers to Taiga, should you ever feel the urge to go visit."

SKELETON GHOUL

@[Ull]
    [Image: qZyWUwo.png]