• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you were my coming down, any
    She’s trembling. (When had that started?) Aela is not a weak-willed girl (nor will she become an uncertain woman). Perhaps it had been the absence of Kensley and the sudden emergence of him that has startled her. There had been nothing there - nothing of substance, nothing of cognizance - when she had first stumbled upon him.

He had been a comfort because there was nothing to remind her of what others often try to forget. There are many thoughts in a day, many memories recollected. But it is so often the ones that a soul pushes away that Aela finds - tragedy, sorrow, heartbreak, betrayal.

(Maybe that is why Aela tries to avoid the echoes all-together and that the few she identifies with are the opposite of those. Better to recognize those emotions than the ones she had been created from. A soul can only take so much weight.)

He had been a comfort because he was nothing to her and now, he becomes something.

There is still fear coursing in her veins, sparking, and lighting her legs in an itch to run. Her skin continues to quiver, lightning striking beneath that lovely gold coat. But she huddles closer to him and though she tells herself his name is @[kensley], she also gives him names like Storm-Chaser and Lightning-Striker. He comforts her with his touch, his head resting on her small back.

Don’t be afraid, he tells (answers) the rolling thunder in her chest.

It subsides. The shaking. The trembling. The storms raging beneath her skin (and perhaps between them?) stills. It passes. Aela knows nothing of his past; of his daughter and what he considers his failures. She doesn't know why he had crafted himself - his core - into something that reminded her of ice. Cold, frozen, unyielding.

Aela only knows that he tells her not to be afraid and so she believes him, like a daughter would a father.

AELA
    she had a marvelous time ruining everything
    html by castlegraphics; art by KHARTHIAN

Messages In This Thread
    you were my coming down, any - by kensley - 06-14-2020, 02:13 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by Aela - 06-16-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by kensley - 06-29-2020, 05:20 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by Aela - 06-29-2020, 09:09 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by kensley - 07-20-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by Aela - 07-21-2020, 08:25 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by kensley - 08-09-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: you were my coming down, any - by Aela - 08-12-2020, 10:00 PM