• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll show you where the river ends; mazikeen

Mazikeen is careful to fly just out of reach of Breach’s coyote form, even on two legs. It’s more out of a desire to tease, to encourage a shift, than any self-preservation though. There’s a grin when coyote becomes owl and Mazikeen beats at the air with her wings to lead the chase. It doesn’t last nearly long enough to be satisfying, however.

Two emotions rise in Mazikeen when she hears Breach cry out and then as she watches the owl dive towards the ground instead of coming after her: concern and delight. She would have been furious if this younger filly was already better at shifting than Maze had been at her age. Or even better than she was now. There was only a year or so between their ages - close enough to be rivals or friends but enough that Maze felt like her extra year of practicing should make a difference.

She is, secretly, quite pleased that it has.

When she lands back on the ground and shifts back into her horse-self, this small feeling of malice isn’t present in her gaze as she draws closer to the collapsed girl. Maze hides the concern too, though she’s less sure why she feels the need to keep that part hidden.

Maybe she’s just watched her mother take one too many punches over that same feeling.

“The first time I did a bunch of shifts in a row I passed out.” But she is quick to add. “Not for long.” Because she doesn’t want to seem weak.

She's a little winded - flight always seemed to take the energy right out of her - but she is caught up trying to pretend that she isn't. Still, to give them both a break she decides to ask a question. “What's your favourite form?” It's a question she hasn't been able to ask anyone else because it had been so obvious. Her mother's snow leopard, Sochi's tiger, and Daye's wolf.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll show you where the river ends; mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 07-28-2020, 08:03 PM