• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

Alcinder is too excited to finally be standing on the warm sands of Ischia to notice the delay in Leilan's response or the almost sardonic tone that lingers within it. But he is nervous, too ─ that Cormorant has moved away from the island or that he will be too busy guarding the perimeter to spend time with the former Loessian boy. His worries prove to be for naught, and are instantly swept away on the sea breeze when the distant silhouette of his finned brother rises from the crystalline waters. A shrill, resounding whinny erupts from the pegai's maw as he spreads his azure wings wide in excitement, flashing them much in the same way a peacock would.

"Mo!" he calls through his own laughter, thrusting his navy nose forward to connect it with his best friend's aqua one, his own legs prancing and kicking up warm sand with each excited movement. For a brief time, he forgets that he is in the company of the Isle's Protector and is transported back to his childhood. To see Mo again fills his heart to the brim, filling the empty crevasses that he hadn't even realized had developed. "Yes! Everything's fine, she is great! How are you and your mom and Hal?!" he laughs freely as Cormorant spins in the sand, remembering the ice-encrusted stallion's presence as his finned friend turns to introduce himself. Alcinder excitedly shifts his weight as Leilan explains their visit, and Al's own habitation on the western side of Beqanna.

Grinning wide, Al tries to reign in his excitement in the name of diplomacy, but it feels like far too much work for the overflow of glee he is experiencing. "I think this means you should come explore the Isle with me sometime soon, now that I'm over there!" He tosses his head skyward, flinging his damp, sea salt-flecked mane out of his eyes, "But obviously, you're going to need to show me the best parts of Ischia first!" He'd been so excited when his Mother had spoken of visiting Aquaria and his best friend on the island, but so much had happened that it had just been pushed further and further back ─ politics, he had come to learn.

To finally be here feels like a blessing, and he is overcome with appreciation as he turns to Leilan and offers the stallion an affectionate muzzle-bump to the neck before turning his silvered gaze back to Cormorant with a wicked grin.

A L C I N D E R

@[Leilan] & @[Cormorant]
    " "
    i have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

Messages In This Thread
    RE: June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold - by Alcinder - 06-25-2020, 08:16 PM