• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold
    The bay roan narrows his eye at the blue tobiano colt when he mentions álmost innocently that perhaps Leilan should call again. The dragon shifter debates not responding at all for a moment, and he shuffles his wings and then lets them disappear, fully shifter back to his horse-self. ”I’m pretty sure the Ischians aren’t deaf and like to keep it that way?” he blinks at Cinder trying to estimate him. ”Maybe you try.” he offers, but it is unnecessary.

Cormorant’s heat signature, shape, and then voice and thunderous hooves make clear why not; though Leilan is never entirely sure when someone with normal vision picks out someone else’s shape exactly compared to his. As the boys circle one another and shout questions left and right, the silver roan stallion takes one step sideways to stay out of sand-buffeting range, but otherwise isn’t particularly bothered by the colt’s behaviour. ”I thought so.” he responds to the young male, his eyes taking a more aqua green gleam when he looks the boy over - aquatic, like many Ischians were because the island attracted those watery horses. He wonders silently if the Resort is the same, but stores the idea away for later. Last time he went to the Resort only Ruinam was there, but who knows what it had turned into now.

He is vaguely aware that Brennen uses Ischia as a vacation home too, though he doesn’t know exactly where. In fact he knows very little about the island at all, apart from the fact that it technically belongs to Tephra. ”I’m Leilan - Freyr of Icicle Isle.” he only uses the title because the boy might not know otherwise. Leilan then gives Alcinder a sideways look. ”This one here accepted my terms for Loess, so he’s staying as my guest for the year and we hope he picks something useful up. Of course, that doesn’t exclude his right to visits.” the ice-scaled roan shrugs a little, pretending he cares little if Al actually pays attention to what he says and does, and looks to Cormorant. ”I haven’t been to Ischia since I left it for Nerine... about a decade ago maybe. Perhaps you know of someone who can fill me in about the changes?”
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Alcinder] @[Cormorant]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold - by Leilan - 06-20-2020, 08:09 AM