• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison; any

She was not quite what you would call refined.

He steps forward and she bursts into laughter, dancing lightly to the side on her merry hooves, and releasing the ball of lightning so suddenly that it fizzes and whirls erratically around them like a lost thing. As an after-thought, she leashes it with just enough control that it never hits the large stallion directly, though it hisses at them both as if mirroring the thunderous anger in his voice. Most likely, it will find her after a time - the lightning often does, though it cannot harm her - or perhaps an unlucky tree will attract the thing and be destroyed in a shower of sparks and flame and chaos. The idea of chaos sings to her blood, it sets her nerves to tingling as she skirts the flames of his fury. 

"Are you mocking me?" She mimics in as deep a voice as she can manage, and then she rolls her eyes, her grin turning wry, "How stupid! I'm not the one angry at a thunderstorm." She laughs again, ducking out of range of hoof and tooth and wing as she does so, "It's the Fairies you wanna talk to if y'think they took something from you, but they'll prolly just throw ya off the Mountai-- oop, look out!"

The ball of lightning slices suddenly past his shoulder, crashing into her chest like a snowball that skitters and whines as it spreads out across her body from the impact. The young mare shakes her head with a snort and bright sparks drip from her mane like water, falling to the earth with a hiss and the smallest tendrils of smoke when the grass barely burns from being so wet. The earth at her feet turns black and scorched as the lightning grounds itself and she looks back up at the towering stallion with her mischievous eyes.

"So are you crazy, or what?"

Image by Ratty

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the pattern, the plague, and the prison; any - by Popinjay - 06-18-2020, 02:29 PM