• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars and shadows ain't good to see by [Eurwen]
    "Lilliana..." 

Beryl ponders the name, but she shakes her head, aside from the golden flame on her shoulder, there is not much in the description to identify the chestnut mare from anyone else in a crowd, there are many blue-eyed mares, many chestnuts, and she runs through her brief list of acquaintances but finds nobody quite matches to the description, even under a different name.

"No," she says at last, softly, "No, I don't know her, but if I found her, I could bring her home." She has not taken anyone else through the shadows, but if she can send a rock, she could surely send a horse, even easier if she is side-by-side with them. Remembering the haphazard way she had passed through the shadow realm that first time makes her balk at the idea of sending anyone else alone - how would you explain to them, and could they get lost there? Could they panic and bolt and end up somewhere else? What would the shadows do with a stranger who couldn't speak to them? Perhaps nothing, but there might be others in the darkness, hiding behind those familiar yellow eyes. Just because she's never met them doesn't mean they aren't there.

"Eurwen, have you considered that maybe she doesn't want to come back? I'll look for her, if that's what you want, and bring her home if that's what she wants, but I won't make her." Surely Leilan's daughters have no right to force someone "home" when they have both run away from it, themselves. Her head lifts and turns towards the southeast, towards the distant shore of Silver Cove - hidden from sight by distance and the northern fog - and beyond it to the red, salty, canyons of Pangea. Why did it have to be there? The thought of those black, gleaming, harriers hunting amongst the crags makes her skin crawl, but she's already agreed, and at least she wouldn't have to swim.

Image by Kharthian

@[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Stars and shadows ain't good to see by [Eurwen] - by Beryl - 07-16-2020, 11:25 AM