• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars and shadows ain't good to see by [Eurwen]

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    There is a moment in which she is disappointed, though not with Beryl. But her apparent sister notices anyway, or perhaps it was obvious from Wen’s tone. Whatever the case, the younger mare starts explaining, and Eurwen blinks her deep brown pools of darkness, shame settling in her mind although outwardly she decides it’s best not to emotionally distract Beryl any further. ”I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have assumed - it’s just that I have more half-siblings than I care to have, from before my parents decided to be together, and I thought it’d meant... well, you know.” She takes a deep breath, a smile turning back to her face, rather relieved. ”I’m glad you found each other. If you want to, I’ll tell you more about the family sometime.” Not today though - it was one thing to discover your adoptive father had other children, and another to meet them all and the other extended family that this intel brought.

Instead, Eurwen focuses on Beryl’s abilities - once as a distraction, and once more for the fact that if she can do what Eurwen expects her to, then she’ll need her help. She outs a laugh when the palomino asks about the rocks. ”Not the rocks, I can do that myself. Living things, horses. Like yourself and me, or, if you could find her, maybe one of our missing kingdom members?” Eurwen asks her adoptive sister, a hopeful gleam in her eye. ”I don’t know if you ever met her, but Lilliana is missing. She was captive in Pangea, and she should have returned by now. She’s a bright chestnut, blue eyes, and a golden star marking on her chest that can’t be missed.” she adds the description for clarification, thinking it’s unlikely they met before, if Beryl indeed had wandered everywhere but home for the past year. But she’s desperate enough to ask - every little chance that Lilli has been seen or found, would help.

@[Beryl]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Stars and shadows ain't good to see by [Eurwen] - by Eurwen - 07-05-2020, 04:35 AM