• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Rather Be With You |Aedan|
    Vita

It seemed like a lifetime that Aedan and Vita left to travel together...but in the same sense, it felt all too short! Tephra will always be home to Vita, just like Ischia is! Although...they've been gone for so long, and her sister isn't there anymore...it only seems right that they don't return...

Besides, home is where Aedan is.

It is no secret that Vita is a traveler, she loves to meet others...and she also enjoys dropping into territories to explore! Aedan should be in the forest, at least that is where that always find each other at night. 

The sun was just beginning to set, she moves with a fastened pace as she gleefully moves about looking for Aedan. Aedan! She calls out in a hushed tone, she looks for her glowing lover, barricaded by the tree, protected from flying onlookers.

Fear Controls You

@[Aedan] I present to you, a garbage starter Smile

aedan --

He has considered returning to Tephra. The possibility is still there, but some part of him hesitates. They’d gone to see so much of the world, and yet, he’s never really bothered to see the rest of Beqanna. There’d been his childhood explorations, yes, but he’d viewed that through such a different lens then he does now.

Instead they come back to the Common Lands without a plan, and as the day begins to end, he hears her voice. Though some part of him misses the way they spent both day and night together as they traveled, they each have their own lives here as well (she far more than him) and he would never take away her freedom.

The stars are not out yet, and so he cannot call them to himself yet. Still, he slips through the trees at the sound of her voice, his stark white markings easy to spot in the creeping darkness. ”Vita,” he says with a smile, closing the distance between them to press his muzzle to her neck. ”What did you do today?”

@[Vita]
    Vita

It's true, Vita was much more of an extrovert than Aedan was. She was thankful that Aedan was not controlling, tgat he did not care if she explored the lands. Although she loves to meet all kinds of equines and explore all the territories of beqanna...it was Aedan who had captured her heart.

They had no home, per say, although they claimed the forest as it for now. She knows that he does not linger far in the forest...and so when she calls out for him, it was not long until he appears.

His bright white mane was always a giveaway, easy to spot. She smiles as he grows closer and she helps in closing the gap. He presses his muzzle to her neck as he says her name, his voice alone causes a smile to grow on her maw. She leans into his touch, the wamrth is comforting.

She extends out her own maw to lovingly nuzzle his neck before pulling back to answer his question. Made some friends I guess! I was just flying over the field...when I saw something...I landed to investigate and it was another horse! A third one joined us. She uses the word 'friend' freely. To her...they were friends, but in reality they were now just strangers that she had a name for. Whar about you? She asks, curious on how his day went.

Fear Controls You

@[Aedan]

aedan --

He knows her well; her free spirit. It was not something he’d ever dream of taming, and he does not mind that she disappears for the days to make friends. It is a term she uses far more liberally than Aedan, who doesn't really have any friends. That is his own fault, of course, given that he cannot really be bothered to socialize as of late. He is not sure why he has drawn so far into his own shell, given that he has never been like that before. Perhaps because he simply feels purposeless now, and it grates on him.

He listens as she talks, smiling at the mention of new friends. ”And what brought you to the field, of all places?” he asks with a smile, slightly teasing. And yet, still, perhaps it was not a bad place to go, though she was not a recruiter for a particular land. Had she hoped to find a home? ”I was bored,” he says. ”There is really not that much to explore in this forest.” Though it was nice to be home, perhaps he missed the wide open world, the time spent with just the two of them. It had been nice. 

@[Vita]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Vita

Vita lives in her own world...it is quiet different from reality, and though she is not a child she is still very much naive. Aedan does not care to control her, letting her leave as she pleases...she had never really noticed or even considered him disliking a life away from a territory.

When she mentions visiting the field, he asks her what drew her to it. When he asks she doesn't know really...usually horses who belong to a territory visit the common lands...a way to recruit. Since they don't, there really isn't  a need.

I guess..because horses without a home live there...like us. She says with a smile, she is always welcomed in a common land, where as she may not be so welcomed in a territory she doesn't belong to.

She asks about his day, but he only responds that he was bored. He goes on to say there is not much to do in the forest and her eyes scan the ever green land. Was he...perhaps missing a place to call home? It has been just them two for so long...but she does leave often...perhaps he would be happier with others around. that's true...we could go back to Tephra if you want? Or visit another land! They were free to go anywhere, they didn't have to choose Tephra. Maybe he would be suited better in a land that gave him purpose. She gently nuzzles his shoulder, perhaps she had overlooked his needs with her wants.

Fear Controls You

@[Aedan]

aedan --

He is not surprised, not really. Though the field was for recruiters mostly and the homeless, Vita simply wandered and made friends. He used to be like that, once, and still was in some ways. Yet perhaps now he felt adrift, or maybe he simply longed for their life on the road back. He’d enjoyed that more than anything else in his life so far, and yet...and yet he knows that perhaps they need some stability.

He chuckles slightly at her words. ”Yes, though it was my understanding those horses were looking for a home. One we cannot offer them.” His voice is soft and kind, not judging, just stating a fact and wondering what she had gotten up to in such a conversation. Knowing Vita, she’d simply offered suggestions and advice, not caring that she didn’t belong to the land she might be suggesting.

She picks up on his mood easily enough though, and he rolls a shoulder slightly. ”I admit I do not know what I want. I enjoyed our time away, and it is strange to be back. Perhaps that is all it is. Perhaps I am tired of being useless, though can we really imagine me actually doing work?” At this he does laugh, because he’s never really done a day's work in his life. Maybe that was the problem.

@[Vita]

Vita

They were so different...Aedan and Vita, yet she was still thoroughly entangled with him. She loved him and his shyness did not bother her. She did, although, hope that she was not the reason that he conformed to a shy life.

When she mentions why she visited the field, because they are homeless, he mentions that they also have no home. She tilts her head, I guess she never thought of it like that...? She giggles You're right! I'm not sure why, really I guess we just have something similar in that way.

Still, she wonders if he misses Tephra...Vita was a traveler so at the end of the day, she did not care if they claimed one territory as there home. Her eyes find his when he speaks, he mentions that he is not sure what he wants, even prods a joke at himself.

A joke that she can't help but be bothered by. She nudges his shoulder, Yes! I think you'd make a fine warrior, or an intelligent diplomat! Whatever you want, you'd be great at. She hopes to spark his confidence. We can find a home...it doesn't have to be Tephra, wherever! You can see if either role fits you..if not we can just both remain residents.. She offers the idea, one that perhaps will force him from his shell, ultimately making him happier.

Fear Controls You

@[Aedan] I'm sorry! School took over my life

aedan --

Was he shy or just lazy? Perhaps a bit of both, though it was less shyness and more that he did not particularly care if he had company or not. Perhaps that is part of what he loves about her, how she seeks out others and yet always comes back to him in the evenings. He’d always loved adventuring as a child, but maybe what he’d loved was slipping out from beneath his parents watchful gaze and breaking the rules. Perhaps he was meant to be something besides a wanderer in the wilderness, but the problem was that he simply did not know what.

Vita knew who she was, or so he always thought. But who was he?

He chuckles slightly at her bright enthusiasm that he’d be good at a job. He reaches out and nips at her mane in a teasing gesture. ”If I recall, I have suggested that I ought to have been born a prince because I certainly behave like the laziest and most entitled of them.” His tone is teasing, though there’s a hint of truth to it (he has been a lazy thing, though not entitled).

”A home might be nice, though I’m not sure it’s Tephra. Perhaps we can look for one?” If they were not going to travel outside of Beqanna anymore, perhaps he would like to settle down, perhaps he would like to have a place to call his and hers, a place to start a family, a place to simply be something.

@[Vita] you know I don't mind, lol