• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don’t like most people, but I especially dislike you [Wolfbane]

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

He’d not expected Neverwhere to survive their encounter, much less produce offspring from it, but where there’s a will there always seems to be a way, and eventually the news of Nerine’s Queen disappearing had quickly been replaced (by his insider informant) with news of her possible survival. Ghaul’s visit to the rocky Kingdom had set his nerves on edge, and Wolfbane had left as soon as he possibly could to gauge the situation for himself. Perhaps, if he were quick enough, he could remedy the mistake he’d made in leaving it all behind to chance.

Under the cover of night he fled Pangea, crawling and skimming his way past the Hyaline mountain range. He took no rest; it was unnecessary since he’d been well-fed and rested in the barren lands. There was only the drive of acute curiosity and anxious disappointment to fuel him, but both lit a flame under his ass and kept him steadily moving northward until day broke and the kingswood loomed ahead in all its dark, mysterious wonder. Taiga breathed in the light surrounding it and exhaled shadows and fog, which only helped the manipulator on his journey for the truth.

And, lucky him, the truth was hindered by her own foal, leaving their scent everywhere. He came across it with such a shock that for a moment, Bane was rendered completely motionless. He stared at the bark and the ferns around him, dripping with fresh spring dew, and marveled at the scent of what he and Neverwhere had created out of such a violent interaction. Without the need of seeing them at all, he knew immediately that she’d whelped him a son, and that the colt was healthy. “Incredible.” He whispered breathily. Magnificent, Lupei thought pleasantly.

The curse was eager to find a new host, as madness quickly befell the horse it afflicted in its final stages, and here the chances of finding that host had been expanded overnight. Perhaps… perhaps he need not return to Loess at all, then? He knew what waited for him there, but the longing to see what foal he and Lepis had produced suddenly waned with this new information. He must find the boy - quickly.

Bane shifted, rising up from the hazy forest floor in a flurry of activity as his legs and body grew smaller. His wings adjusted likewise, and his face contorted itself into that of a falcon. A shimmer of light echoed over his skin, and the transformation was complete: he looked exactly like Turul, Aten’s companion animal that he’d seen often, and the indistinguishable lookalike flapped a moment or two before rising and shooting off into the wood after Never and their foal. Inevitably, he located them where the pair had stopped for a minute’s rest, and he settled noisily onto a thick bough that overstretched the two horses.

Hearing the disturbance, or possibly just feeling the pressure of Wolfbane’s intense, unnatural stare, Neverwhere’s head rose and her teeth snapped together in warning. If he could've, Bane would have smiled, but he only rose and swooped down from the branch to land on one much more close. There he waited, shuffling his curved talons and ruffling his feathers before bobbing his little head in a curious fashion.

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Gyrfalcon  ◉  Mood: Curious

@[Neverwhere] time doesn't exist in Beqanna.
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don’t like most people, but I especially dislike you [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 05-25-2020, 11:25 AM