• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with the birds i'll share this lonely view | svedka
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

The rapid thrum of his heart is a familiar sound, steady and reassuring and more constant even than the surf that tugs at his heels. It quickens as Svedka draws nearer, and his breath catches only to be released in a quiet laugh as the other pulls playfully back. Pteron is moving to follow him before Svedka even asks it of him, his olive eyes darting ahead as if he might find this unknown treasure Svedka seeks.

All he sees is black sand, littered here and there with larger pieces of porous black stone and debris from the water. Inland, the black sand becomes emerald green trees, which climb all the way to where the ebony volcano climbs into the snowy clouds. The view is breathtaking, and Pteron drinks it in contentedly until Svedka finally pauses in front of a strange bit of shiny.

Reaching down toward the black fulgarite, Pteron noses at it curiously.

“It looks like coral.” He says after having inspected it more closely. The tobiano stallion has never been especially interested in the natural world, but he’s fairly sure that corals are just underwater plants. But maybe they’re lightning too? Svedka seems to know quite a lot about them, but Pteron will have to ask Aquaria about the coral. Surely no one would know better than a true creature of the sea. Thinking of the pale mare is not unusual, especially not of late, and she is quickly pushed to the side – worry over the future easily overshadowed in favor of the present

There is so little he knows of the blue-eyed stallion. Yet he finds himself enthralled of the golden man, as eager as a colt to sidle up against him and feel the warmth of his broad shoulder.

“We leave tomorrow, but you are welcome to try and convince me otherwise, futile as it may be.” He reaches down to smooth the sleek gold-and-white hair along Svedka’s nape, a smile pulling at the edges of his teal mouth. Even the nearness of the volcano is not enough to chill the warm sensation that blossoms in his core, a steady glow of happiness.

@[Svedka]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: with the birds i'll share this lonely view | svedka - by Pteron - 06-28-2020, 08:21 AM