• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i only like the sad songs, ryatah
    echis
    “ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”

Echis has made up her mind that father’s are nowhere near as good as mothers, if hers are anything to go by. Larva jokes, with his sharp teeth and gravel voice while Ryatah simply presses a kiss to her head to calm her. They couldn’t be more different. What on earth could she possibly see in him? Of course, she is naïve to the ways of the world and she does not recognize the allure of monsters and evil lovers, nor will she ever.

But as he watches her, Larva finds himself feeling quite the opposite. Her every mannerism is bright and beautiful, as children so often are. She is a rare kind of gentleness in a world that would devour her whole without a second thought. He fears her because she will be a source of heartbreak for him and he can feel the root of his love for her thriving already. His brow furrows in concern before he brings his gaze back to Ryatah. So often, he does not know how to respond to a gentle touch such as hers. He blinks and takes a step back.

The small girl steps out from beneath her mother’s wing but her small ears turn back. She watches him like a mousetrap ready to snap shut on her. And when he extends his nose to touch the small bump of her baby horn, she freezes in fear until he retreats once more. He smells like blood and she doesn’t think she could stomach being too near him.

I’m as well as a monster can be,” he offers with a shrug of his scarred shoulders. “I never know how long I have until I die again, so I keep my expectations low.” He laughs and the sound is crooked in its dark humor. Echis cranes her head back to stare up at her mother uncertainly and touches her nose to Ryatah’s shoulder for attention.

“Is he.. a ghost?” she whispers with quick glances in his direction, as though he may still suddenly strike. Larva’s sage green eyes remain trained on her as he tilts his head curiously. Is he?

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 06-11-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM