• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  when the world stops turning
    l e p i s
    I never throught it was a question of whether
    She wonders sometimes, how much of this is time wasted.

She wonders it more often of late, as the land grows warmer and the child within her grows.

The trail to the Field is one she knows well. There had been rain yesterday and the mud of it splashes against her navy legs. Her white-tipped tail is just long enough to avoid it, but for a moment she thinks longingly of a warm soak in a hot spring.

That would not have been time wasted, surely.

Lepis shakes her head, ridding herself of useless thoughts, and refocuses on her destination. She is here to find new faces for Loess, new members to swell the ranks. She has been successful of late and rather proud of it, even if she does include the as-yet unborn Kulin in her count. Today will be no different; surely the appeal of Loess will reach at least one set of listening ears.

The dun mare enters the Field lit by sunset. This will be a short trip, Lepis knows, she must be home safe by nightfall. As is her habit, she looks over the scattered handfuls of horses, inspecting and dismissing a great many of them. None of them feel right, though she does engage a saffron striped stallion in conversation for a few minutes. That Lepis was not part of the package had been a sticking point for him, it seems. She passes by a few others and then she spots a dark-haired mare a little away from the others. Her eyes are oddly bright, and Lepis moves toward her.

“Hello,” she says, her blue-grey eyes curious and her smile friendly. There’s a comforting air about her and no sign at all it might be something supernatural. “I’m Lepis. I take it you are here in search of a home?”

@[Ayasha]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    when the world stops turning - by Ayasha - 05-20-2020, 03:08 PM
    RE: when the world stops turning - by Lepis - 05-22-2020, 09:58 AM
    RE: when the world stops turning - by Leilan - 05-22-2020, 10:29 AM