• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where the rocks lie - Lilli

Lilliana closes her eyes and reaches tentatively out for @[Eurwen], relishing the way that she smells of the wild wind of the North. The spotted mare carries the scents of brine and ledges and freedom with her and it is so close that Lilliana can taste it on her tongue. When she opens her eyes, she gives her head a firm shake as she takes a step back.

"Don’t be,” the Taigan mare says too sharply.

And then there is no time to consider anything else because the roar of Nerinian surf is crashing in her auburn ears.

"Nev-,” oh, Gods. The pair had their differences (and their disagreements) - Lilliana always dreaming and Neverwhere ever pragmatic - but the bald-faced mare had been her first friend in Beqanna and much like the idols of her youth, the Nerinian Queen had taken on an infallible sheen in her mind. The dappled mare was as much a part of the North as the gray cliffs were. She couldn’t be gone or hurt or-

Her mind simply couldn't comprehend that. Not Nev.

The copper mare has to bury the sob that wretches in her throat. She’s already learned that once she starts, there is no stopping the way her walls come crumbling (weeping) down.

Instead, she goes hollow-eyed and hoarse-voiced. "I asked Ghaul to go North.” Lilliana tentatively asks, "Did … did he find anything?” The chestnut mare hasn’t seen him and has kept herself mainly to the eastern side of his canyon kingdom, doing her best to avoid anyone at all. Until today.

Until now.

"We need a plan, Wen.” And by the way she says this, it’s clear that Lilliana doesn’t mean her release from Pangea. She’ll broker it herself, somehow. But there is a steady rise of anger that gives her words an iron edge, "There can be no more of this.” A missing queen. A razed island. Division in Taiga.

There are many things they need to do if the North is ever going to be as it should. But first, the most important, "Your father?” the blue-eyed mare inquiries. "Do you think he could be persuaded to lead a search for Neverwhere if she isn’t found by the time you return?” Neither Lilliana or Eurwen have wings; there is no horse she can recall in Nerine that is capable of flight. A dragon soaring through Beqanna’s skies would be able to cover more ground than any grounded equine could.

"I sent a message with another captive that was released,” Lilliana says. "I need to discuss it with Lethia when I return to Taiga but I mean to offer our support in moving the kingdom seat to the Isle.” She stops before saying more, holding her breath and the rest of her words. Waiting.

LILLIANA

if i ever get to heaven
    i've got a long list of questions

this is a bit all over the place so i'm sorry but wanted to get something up for ya!
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-20-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-21-2020, 03:31 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-22-2020, 09:15 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-23-2020, 08:55 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-24-2020, 08:57 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-24-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-25-2020, 06:31 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by ghaul - 05-25-2020, 06:48 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-25-2020, 09:45 PM