• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    Aquaria’s attachment to her children borders on insanity. They’re been gone a day already, and she still looks for them? Surely she knows what happens to children when they are left alone?

The confusion in his golden eyes looks almost like concern. It disappears at Brennen’s arrival, and the scowl that he gives the bay horse is far less neutral than the one he receives in return. He had hoped the man would not return, but he should have known better than to expect everything to go his way. Brennen offers his home first when Aquaria asks about searching them, and Ivar’s scowl deepens. When Brennen mentions enemies though, the kelpie smiles, a full show of his glittering teeth. An enemy? Ivar?

“Many of my mares have just foaled,” he says in reply to Aodhan’s suggestion. “They will not appreciate a search party stomping through our home, and I will not subject them to it.” You are not welcome to search my island, he says without words, and he meets Aquaria’s gaze squarely for just long enough to seem defiant. Then his metallic eyes turn to Brennen, contemplative.

“Can you use your magic, or something? See from a distance if there are any children there who do not belong to my mares?” He thinks of the cream and silver tails swishing contentedly as they nursed; Fool has easily accepted them as her own after Ivar had done away with the useless colt she’d borne him. “If there are - which I doubt - I would allow Aquaria to search.”Ivar cannot begin to fathom how Brennen’s magic might work, but he must trust that his own hypnosis will stand up to its scrutiny.

@[Aquaria]

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Ivar - 05-29-2020, 11:08 AM