• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    He’s late. It’s not that he didn’t hear her summons, it’s just that he was a world away speaking to the Queen who holds his oath, and it left him unable to immediately respond to the lesser Queen who rules his home. Or, well, rules Ischia. Nobody rules Brennen’s home except the laughter of his own children, and the oft-sultry smile of his mate, who is surprisingly good at getting the age-old warrior stallion to do what he wants.

Still, he doesn’t want to be unforgivably late, so he appears beside Ivar and Aodhan as quickly as he is able, and having been listening in to this far-away conversation brought to him across the sea with tendrils of his own magic, he’s well caught up on the issue. He turns amber eyes first to Aodhan, imposing a double image of the boy’s true form for a moment to determine who it is, and frowning a little when he does. One of the little fish in his magic net, then, Scorch’s grandson. Looking next to Ivar, and somehow the warm gold of his eyes is a hard color when he surveys the kelpie without any other expression. He doesn’t trust the scaly blue stallion at all, but he also doesn’t want to…leap to any conclusions.

Finally he turns to survey Aquaria, head tilted in somber curiosity. “Sorry I was delayed. I have duties elsewhere.” Some part of him is rather fond of his little island, the paradise home where he keeps his quite happy lover, but he coexists with Ischia’s rulers. He does not bow to them. Brennen bows to few, anymore. “You’re welcome to come to check out my home first, if you’d like. When I departed earlier, there was no one there except my own mate and a handful of our children. If you younglings have gone there, the worst that might have happened is Lhoire will have tempted them into a game of hide-and-seek.”

His gaze slides momentarily back to Ivar, a hint if not an accusation. “Do you have enemies that might have come to Ischia to steal your young?”

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Aquaria] @[Ivar] @[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Brennen - 05-27-2020, 08:42 PM