• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters
    Aodhán

The golden lizard doesn’t really bother to change shape when the distressed call comes - changing and adapting come naturally to him, but it also wears him out to change more than a few times in an hour. He’d just gotten used to his gills again - and besides, he’s large enough to be noticed, he thinks.

He leaves his place on the tree that secures Elayne’s sleeping place, and swims the distance to the beach - though, as he arrives he figures he does need a change after all.

”Aquaria,” he calls from below, his large emerald eyes blinking at her sight. ”you look terrible.” As to emphasize, he takes a horse-shape, but mimics her pale coat (which is close enough to his own usual white base) and disheveled look, with her drooping fish-like mane. He - or it, as Aodhán is practically genderless in the moment, his mimicing not entirely complete towards a female in his haste - frowns at her the way she glares at him and whomever dares to show up besides him. ”How do we get back to normal?” he presses further, hoping to cut off any snide remarks before she thinks of them.

It’s not a new thing for her to see him shift, he knows, but it is entirely new for her to look in a living mirror, and he’s taken quite a leap with this action - but how else to confront her? Maybe she’ll be shocked into action.

Or at least, that was the idea of it.

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Aquaria] I’m early, but hi, have a mirror image

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Aodhan - 05-19-2020, 03:33 AM