• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the missing pieces of my heart finally collide | aegean
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Pteron smiles at the rumble of Aegean’s laughter, feeling it against his cheek as the other kisses him there. “You flatter me,” he replies with a display of false demureness, as if he does not know exactly how charming he can be. Pteron still marvels that he had managed to capture Aegean’s affections, feeling at times as though the other man is more like the moon than Pteron had dreamed on that night he had first compared them. That the glowing creature had chosen him, still chooses him, feels at times as unlikely as the moon itself following Pteron around the night sky.

At yet he’s here, standing in front of Pteron, and the child that Aegean grows is their child, a living embodiment of the love between them.

Excitement, anticipation, enjoying these last few moments that only the two of them will share. This is what having a child should be like, Pteron has learned. Though the realization that Aegean was pregnant had been a surprise, it was the sort of surprise that has kept him smiling all these months.

“Perhaps when we are old,” he counters warmly, pressing a kiss on the edge of his lover’s jaw, “When I have grown so wrinkled only you could love me, and you so blind I must lead you to fresh grazing. Perhaps then we might.” That there is so much life to occur in the time until then is an unspoken truth. Pteron will forever heal from any touch of aging, and it cannot reach the glowing stallion in front of them at all. A miracle, he thinks, that he has found Aegean so soon in this eternal life of theirs.

“I do know,” he answers, and any chagrin that might be in his voice is drowned out by the contentment that is surely there. He rests his cheek against Aegean’s and watches as his beloved colors the winter grey world around them in more colors than Pteron has names for. “I love you.”

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all the missing pieces of my heart finally collide | aegean - by Pteron - 05-21-2020, 12:38 PM