• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

they say nothing good happens here when midnight rolls around; ANY

The words she speaks are cryptic and sound like gibberish. Hands? Fingers? He has no idea what these things are and can’t connect them to any object he has ever encountered. No images can be conjured, he had never met a human in his life despite all the places he had traveled. Perhaps that had been a blessing, humans can cause so much destruction even with the best intentions in mind. Although he can’t comprehend some parts of her adventure, there are others he gets. The mention of zombies, dead horses had risen in BQ before so he knows the terror behind that. And surviving…. That he knows all too well.

A slight grin is given at her enthusiasm as she reminisces on where she had been. ”I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone call survival tactics fabulous before.” The grin wavers slightly then, recalling his own encounters of struggling to stay alive. He had fought for his life the moment he had been born. The second Chernobyl had stumbled upon mother and newborn son on the beach and cruelly ripped her away from him…. His entire life had been tainted in grief and fear because of that one event. Knowing who his father was and never able to go to him for help because if he did, he would die. It had been a horrible way to live and only his will to survive had brought him to where he was today.

Once he dredges up the memories, it’s sometimes hard for him to shake them. It takes him a second to realize she’s smiling at him and speaking again. ”I know how that is. I recently returned myself.” He replies gently, having been homeless for so long. It was rather hard to get use to a daily routine, having a place to always go back too. Adjusting. Yes, he was certainly still adjusting. ”So what do you think.. Do you prefer this world or the other?”

L E D G E R

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they say nothing good happens here when midnight rolls around; ANY - by Ledger - 08-22-2015, 10:21 PM