• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want everything, gospel

She remembers. Remembers the way they had curled themselves around one another, hissing and spitting and giggling with wild, reckless youth. She had belonged to him then. And her mother had come to fetch her and Gospel, she had pledged her allegiance to the darkness. Adna had been powerless to drag her away from him and her father had not even tried.

She bristles at his display of weakness, though his voice is hard now. Should anything happen to him. How she loathes his willingness to acknowledge that he, too, is merely flesh and blood and sinew when he has always been so much more than that. To her and to everyone else.

She remembers, too, when he had come to her delighting in his own blood.

His greatest friend. She sets her jaw and looks away, out over the water, wonders what this all means.

She does not doubt that she has what it takes to lead. And it does not surprise her that he has decided that she is the only one he can trust to look after the land in his absence. She skirts her tongue across a fanged tooth.

“Bring me Bethlehem,” she says.

Because now, more than ever, her father is absolutely nothing. But she smiles then, something cold and calculating, though he cannot see it. “It’s time that he and I spoke.”

and i know in my heart, this cold little heart
    i can live or i can die

Messages In This Thread
    i want everything, gospel - by ghaul - 05-05-2020, 10:53 PM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by gospel - 05-05-2020, 11:02 PM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by ghaul - 05-05-2020, 11:11 PM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by gospel - 05-05-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by ghaul - 05-05-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by gospel - 05-05-2020, 11:56 PM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by ghaul - 05-06-2020, 12:09 AM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by gospel - 05-06-2020, 12:43 AM
    RE: i want everything, gospel - by ghaul - 05-06-2020, 12:55 AM