• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

resurrect the saint within the wretch; flower
    She is nothing but warmth and smiles when he gives her the pieces of the daydream he’s building. “That sounds beautiful.” She murmurs, secretly thinking it sounds a lot like the color of her. Autumn reds and golds, illuminated by a sunset of the same iridescent colors in a thousand different shades. The sun turns her to burning fire too. She is busy wondering if he realizes the similarities of his chosen daydream and her, when she notices one single eye peek open to peer up at her. She absolutely would’ve scolded him if it weren’t for the quiet words that followed. She blinks, warmed and feeling thrown off balance as she reaches down to kiss the curve of his beautiful jaw with smooth, cool lips. “Good,” she says, those golden eyes shining and perhaps a little uncertain for the first time in her whole life, “I want to be there with you.”

There isn’t a single second that passes where she considers leaving his side, so sure, so arrogant, that her gentle loving presence will keep him safe from the demons that haunt his sleep. She strokes his neck and his hair, spends an innumerable amount of moments just looking down at a face she becomes increasingly aware of how truly beautiful it is. In his sleep he loses all of his edges, all that sharp tension that draws rivets across his jaw and deep furrows over his brow. He seems younger like this, more innocent as she sweeps her lips over his forelock and across his jaw, growing cautious, curious feelings that will be inevitably one-sided by the time he wakes again.

Eventually she drifts too, feeling as safe beside him as she means for him to feel beside her, and her head settles over his back to, even in sleep, hold him close against her cool body.

She is devastated when he wakes so violently, throwing her aside in a way she can tell is accidental, a way that doesn’t keep her from reaching back for him again, holding him while the shuddering spasms through his dark body. She makes no comment on it though, knowing that some things might be better kept private until he feels safe enough to share them with her. If he ever feels safe with her, that is. It’s impossible not to feel at fault in this. She had promised to keep him safe, promised to heal his dreams - and she can see now how arrogant that had been, but it is something realized far too late.

“I’m sorry.” She whispers, still holding him close for as long as he’ll allow it. She is so surprised when he doesn’t recoil from her broken promises, choosing instead to reach out and touch the flowers in her hair, trace higher until his lips brush her cheek. She leans into him after a moment, closing those luminous gold eyes as she melts into his touch. “I didn’t realize,” how bad it was, how little her presence would help, “I’m sorry.” She says again, feeling an impossible kind of sad at letting him down so badly. It isn’t until he murmurs her name that she finally opens her eyes again. “I’m sorry I let you down.” She stays leaned into him though, refusing to be the first to pull away.

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: resurrect the saint within the wretch; flower - by flower - 06-29-2020, 04:01 PM