• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

resurrect the saint within the wretch; flower
    She sees the grimace as it steals quietly through his face, but she does not understand the root of it. A part of her clings to it, replaying every tiny ripple and subtle motion of the movement again and again, but by the time he lifts a wing  and draws her safely beneath it, she has decided perhaps she only imagined it. He inhales, and she finds her face returned to his like a heliotrope seeking sun, because it is the heavy sigh of someone who carries too much weight upon their shoulders and is quietly being crushed beneath it.

The question is on her tongue, a gentle what’s wrong that is whisked away by the sound of his dark voice as he turns his gaze away from her in a way that leaves her feeling like the night is creeping up behind her now. She shrugs in closer against him, rubbing her delicate face against the warmth of his shoulder and appreciating the way her little body nearly disappears beneath the entirety of his wing. She listens to him speak, but she learns even more from watching his stoic stony face as something on the horizon keeps him from her. His teeth clench, and it is reflexive when she reaches out to touch his neck with something very much like quiet affection.

He speaks and leans in closer, and the smile that slips across her mouth rivals the shine of any of those stars in his silent sky. She leans in close too, charmed by the gentle way he seems to care. He doesn’t try to touch her or keep her, doesn’t make her feel at all uncomfortable in this new closeness - and it amuses her that he seems almost unwilling in his quiet gruffness. “I do have dreams, good ones and bad ones, and almost none of them ever make sense. I’ve never had one that comes true though, I’m not sure I would like that very much. The best part about dreams is that you can leave them behind in the morning if they leave you feeling unsettled.”

She tips her head at him, considering him with quiet gold eyes, wondering about the things he isn’t telling her. It feels like a story with half of its details missing. “Maybe I can teach you how to dream.” She says softly, her voice a gentle hum compared to the crash of tired water against an even more tired shore. “I’ve never tried before, but that also means I’ve never failed at it.” There is a smile on her gleaming lips as she reaches out to take a lock of his mane between her lips and tug it in a deliberate way. “Come on, lay down with me.”

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: resurrect the saint within the wretch; flower - by flower - 05-23-2020, 08:45 PM