• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

It isn't that Izora Lethia pisses Elio off. No, that's not quite it. It's the way she continuously addresses the golden man as a child, or the way that she doesn't realize Aten abandoning Taiga gives her just as bad of a look as their view of Lepis gives him. He doesn't show this, though. A great improvement from the boy that couldn't help but to sling his emotion magic all over the place.

Before Lethy responded, a chestnut man offered his opinon. Elio takes a moment to think on both of what they had said. It strikes him that this complete stranger offering an opinion that even HE admits holds no weight is wildly suspicious, and the sudden arrival of Celina? That puts him on an even higher alert. It's when he sees Nash pressed close to his older sister's side, though, that finally pushes him over the edge. The edge not being a lack of control, but an inability to trust the people surrounding him. Shock wants to choke him - hurt, too - as he peers long and hard at Celina and Nashua, but he remains as calm and as sure as ever.

He can thank Lepis for that.

First, the golden man turns to the chestnut stranger: "Who are you again?" he questions politely, but offers him nothing else, immediately turning back to Lethia.

"It strikes me as concerning that you do not see the contradictions in your own statements. And I am not a child, Lethia. You knew a boy too young to defy his mother, but I am a man, now, and your judgements are neither fair nor accurate," Lio begins his rebuttal but is interrupted by the blustering arrival of Popinjay. He ducks his head low to the ground, allowing one eye to peer up to see when she might be done. He is reminded of the girl he knew, and her hellish arrival quirks a small smile to his lips.

"Thank you?" Elio says when Poppy addresses him. The girl loses interest quickly so he turns back to Lethia with an almost apologetic smile; but once again, he is interrupted by the chirping voice of Nashua suggesting the stranger rule, some 'Rocky.' Lio tilts his head, confused, wondering why the boy is still so close to Celina and why he would want to hand the land off to someone that seems as if they've never even been here before. Still, he doesn't frown, though - and before he can wonder any longer, a woman interrupts to tell Nash how plainly stupid of an idea that is. Elio doesn't know who she is, but he can't say he disagrees with her.

"Lethy," he speaks quickly now, turning his gaze from Virgo and back to Lethia. "I can't sit idly by and watch Taiga be eaten alive. I am sorry, but - I have to make a formal challenge. Not here, in front of everyone. Somewhere else, somewhere quiet. I wish it didn't have to be this way."

idk who's next since this turned into a mess.
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Virgo - 05-06-2020, 08:35 PM