• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    Having been born the spring after her parent’s arrival in the Taiga, Celina had been spared the emotional turmoil with which their reign began. Her mother had told her of it, of course, of Aten’s bitterness at no longer holding the title of ruler and of Izora Lethia choosing his pride over the well-being of the redwood forest. But it had settled by her birth, or so Celina has assumed until she listens to the purple eyed mare address her younger brother.

The sharp-toothed mare listens to the story of her Mother, curious despite herself to know if Lepis still considers the Matriarch to be a friend. Celina doubts it; her mother has few friends, and she keeps none after betrayal. The accusation that her family is fickle stings, but as it is aimed at Elio, she does not protest. She will not shield him, will not speak up to mention that regardless of how her mother and brother left that at least they had the decency to appoint a successor before they did so. Neither of them had vanished into the woods without a word. That can’t be said about all of their leaders, and she even looks around the woods near the clearing as though expecting Aten to show his face.

He had been a thorn in her father’s paw, and Celina is not eager to have him returned. The current leaders are soft, women who father has broken or could break, and Celina rather prefers it that way. Izora Lethia is still talking when Celina feels something brush against her side. She looks down to see Nashua there, and ruffles his blonde mane gently with her cheek in greeting before slinging one wing over his shoulder companionably.

“Drama,” she replies, her seafoam eyes sparkling in amusement. “It’s fun to watch.”

Elio is giving his response to Izora Lethia now, something boring about politics and armistice. Celina remembers enough of her early lessons to recognize that Elio speaks well and argues persuasively. This does bother her, just a little, but she does not let it show. She had wanted him to leave crying, but instead he smiles and speaks of armies. The chestnut shape beside Nashua she had assumed to be his mother, but the voice that comes from it causes her to reconsider. Dad would scold her for ot paying better attention, for making the mistake of assuming that a horse is not dangerous simply because of the company they keep.

She does not know the sorrel stallion, but she does like that he seems to disagree with her mother. She does not like that he tries to touch her brother, who she tugs closer to herself with one navy wing and a sidelong glance at the taller stallion. ‘Mine’ her actions say, ‘Do not touch’. Celina has been elated by Lilliana’s absence and the abundance of time it allows her with Nashua, and is not inclined to share that time with a stranger. Not even a stranger who disagrees with Elio.

By the time she looks back, Izora Lethia is speaking to Elio again. As she listens, Celina wonders if he will tire of being called a child. The purple-eyed mare seems most interested in comparing Elio to their mother, which Celina does not disagree with. They’d both betrayed Taiga by leaving, after all. Betrayed Taiga and betrayed Celina by choosing safety over family. The forest has grown quieter since they left, first under Pteron and then Aten. Izora Lethia seems pleased by this, accusing Elio of sharing Lepis’ morals and ideals. Well, Celina supposes, they can’t all idealize activity and a booming population, and if she prefers Taiga to allow their members and their protective entities to be stolen without putting up a fight, then Celina is rather fond of that passive morality. It will make them easier to control when the time comes.

When Izora Lethia offers him the Championship rather than the Leadership, Celina grins. This is almost as good as sending him crying back to Mother in Loess.

“You’d make a wonderful Champion, little brother.” She tells him, her voice raised no higher than necessary to carry across the distance between them. Dad has said that Celina is not old enough or strong enough to take on the Champions of other kingdoms, but she is quite certain she can eviscerate Elio. Dad will be so proud if she does that, she thinks, and it will serve the dual purpose of bringing Elio down in Nashua’s esteem. 

“When our Matriarch joins our Guardian in Pangea or follows her husband into the woods, perhaps then you can have your chance at ruling.” She smiles sweetly (as sweetly as she can with those teeth) not caring that she denigrates their previous ruler and the strength of their current one. She cares only that Elio secure the position of Champion.

Once he does, she’ll have a most excellent reason to finally take him on.

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM