• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

Elio's decision to rule Taiga was made on a whim - that is unfortunately true, and he will not deny it. But his plans, his thoughts, his actions revolving around his decision? Those are not little whims. They are planned and careful, based around his sharp observations and clear moral compass. There is no doubt in his mind that he will do right by Taiga, that headstrong confidence a strong trait he learned from his mother.

When Celina arrives, and shortly after Nashua, Elio does not notice. His head is tilted in concentrated listening, and what part of his brain isn't focused on listening is focused on not letting his emotions get the best of him. The emotion magic he once let run wild is reined in tightly to his chest; and instead of letting these feelings tense his chest and sharpen his breath, he channels that energy into calm. Radiating and warm, he expels his bad thoughts. Elio will do what it takes to be on the throne because he knows it to be what's best, but he won't let the journey there turn into a violent tornado of mingled magic.

"I do not know why you think this on impulse, Lethy," Lio begins slowly, leveling her with an intrigued gaze. "I did not waltz here a day after deciding this is what's best. And I am offended that your language suggests I do not have as much of a claim to this land as your family. I am not my mother, nor am I my brother. To imply that I might grow tired of Taiga when I have returned to her once old enough to do so is the exact opposite of what my actions suggest," he pauses now, feeling familiar frustration curdle in his stomach. Elio knows he cannot blame Lethy for being wary of Lepis and Pteron - or wary at all - but she does not see him suggesting she will abandon Taiga simply because her mate did so. The frustration sours, but he refuses to let it coat his words in a bad flavor.

"I will answer you as a child of Taiga Lethy, just as I have spoken this entire time," he begins again, still controlling his voice and keeping a kind face. "It is unwise to deny that I have connections that can not only protect Taiga, but Nerine. My mother leads Loess now, and has already begun to mend what its previous leader tore to shreds. I have diplomatic experience, from watching my mother. I have diplomatic knowledge, from listening to my mother and the ebb and flow of Beqanna. As far as my plans for Taiga go - that is something I have put a great amount of thought into. I am sure you know it is impossible to plot out years of plans for a territory, but my immediate concern is with Pangea. We need an armistice with them, and we need to not appear weak," he speaks with a level breath and easy tone.

"I would like to rally an army. Not a violent one, but a group of protectors. Send out envoys to other lands, see what allies we can create," Elio finishes, but then adds with a quick smile, "And as for if you say no, we will cross that bridge when we get there."

@[Izora Lethia] @[Celina] @[Nashua]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM