• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    NASHUA

He sends pine needles flying as he leaps off a fallen Taigan tree - a casualty of one of the recent autumn storms.

There is a moment when his growing wings snap open, catch a breeze just for a moment and then he crashes. He is a sprawled copper mess of legs and feathers, of his wings spread out. Nashua glances bashfully around his new practicing ground and snorts his relief when he convinces himself that the forest wasn’t watching.

It’s a considerable improvement from when he started. Popinjay had given him the right idea and he sometimes wonders if Celina might know some place better to practice, if she might somewhere higher where he might really let his wings soar. He tucks the thought away in the back of his mind to ask her the next time he sees her.

Nashua spends the rest of his afternoon looking for Yanhua. He’s been gone for hours and there is something comforting in finding his twin at the end of each day. Their mother has been gone for days and Nash spends the nights with Yan, the two of them huddling close together as the nights get longer and colder. In the midst of his searching, there is a familiar call that echoes through the haloed-light of the Redwood forest. Nash stops, raises his head and listens.

He knows that call.

Maybe Yan has answered it too.

Nash isn’t disappointed in what he finds; there is an obvious and overjoyed grin that breaks across his copper face. "Fire Wing,” he murmurs excitedly to himself and pulls his wings close against his sides, an invisible embrace of the brother he hasn’t yet greeted. Elio is speaking with Lethia, the mare from the last meeting, the one of the last memories he has of his mother.

That realization haunts behind his green eyes and feeling a pang of uncertainty, it makes it all the easier to draw close to Celina when he sees her pale iridescence in the shadows. A wing reaches out to brush against her white and navy feathers as he peers curiously up to her. Whispering "Celina,” he asks, "what’s happening?”

and for every king that died
    they would crown another

@[elio] @[izora lethia] @[Celina]
    @[Castile] in case 'rocky' wanted to come say hello
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM