• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    Owin was prepared for the soothing feeling that washed over him, he was used to it - the feeling was similar to his mothers. The joy that followed caught him off guard, however, but where an initial look of surprise would adorn his face at such a sudden, forced feeling Owin could not help but let out an almost inaudible chuckle before nodding back at Lio. As the conversation progressed, despite the help of Elio’s magic he could not help but feel a series of emotions. Once again, the Wolfbane/Lepis legacy wanted to come into his home, his mother’s home, his “father’s” home and take it away. Once again they think that they are the best option for Taiga. Owin watches his mother closely, ready to help if needed. There was a time when his mother would have cracked like porcelain beneath another’s demands, tucking herself away in her own little corner to let the world go as it would. That had changed though in time, standing beside Aten’s side, becoming a mother, and fighting for the gift she now possessed.

Lethy does not feel Elio’s emotions quiet as strongly as her son. Her own blanket of peace wrapped around her let his emotions settle gently instead of all at once. These were the feelings he wanted her to feel, but she did not necessarily feel them as much as she acknowledged them, she lets just a sliver in. She listens as he talks, memories of Elio as a child prancing through their home flooded her mind, and a small smile lightens her lips. Even through his announcement of this summons, the leadership of Taiga - protecting Taiga, does she smile.

The words leave his lips, the only words capable of breaking her magic hold on herself, and anyone else's magic. “Aten is gone, Lethy.” it is only then that her peaceful facade cracks, as does that fragmented piece of her heart. To hear someone else say it should probably bring sadness and a chaos of feelings to her, but she felt only one emotion and it does not falter to find its way to her face.

Anger.

A scowl crosses her muzzle and her eyes crinkle at the edges as her brow burrows. Aten may be gone right now, but that does not mean he will be gone forever. How many years has she been a part of Taiga? She doesn't even remember anymore, and Aten so many more years before her. Her mind races back to the day that Elio’s parents had come into Taiga, had cornered Aten and had laid out their ultimatum. Surrender leadership or we will force our leadership upon you. Violence. She remembered the way Aten stayed up for nights on end, troubled and broken. His love for Taiga and her inhabitants was stronger than his need to lead them. All he wanted to do was protect them. He surrendered his leadership to make sure he could stay in Taiga to protect those who were closest to him. She remembered many nights she comforted him, her love the only thing she had to offer him. Why? How could this be happening again?

Peace.

It did not take long for Lethy to regain her composure, but only a few seconds. She let her peace fill every crack and crevice of her being, pulling in with it a deep breath. On exhale Lethy took a step closer to @[Elio]. Elio, Taiga is as much your home as it is mine. It always will be. Your mother was my good friend, she was one of the first horses I met when I found myself on Beqanna’s shores. You remind me a lot of her, all the good that she had to offer. I was torn when your mother and father found their way to my home, taking from Aten what was rightfully his.. not through peaceful conversations but through ultimatums and promises of violence if things did not go their way. It was a side of your mother that I had never known, and yet I did not and still do not hold any ill will towards her, she is still my friend. However, I can not in good conscience let Taiga be led by impulse again. Taiga has been led by not one but three of your family members already, each one growing tired of her lands and moving on. I believe you when you say you love Taiga and its people, but your family has proven to be fickle. If there is one thing in this world that should be constant it is a mother’s love, and I too love Taiga and its people as if they were my own children. There is more than one way to love and protect the things we love. As Aten has already proven by stepping down for your family once before. As a mother proves by letting her children grow into themselves without forcing her ideals and morals upon them. I ask you this, as a child of Taiga, why do you feel you are the best option to lead Taiga? What are your plans for Taiga if you were to lead? Where would you go from here if I denied your request to lead?
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Izora Lethia - 05-01-2020, 06:35 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM