• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    Elio, being one of emotional magic as well, typically knows when someone is toying with his own emotions. He knows now, as Izora Lethia sends him peace, and he wonders why she sends it at all. His face is warm, open. He is mostly thinking about Nashua—his promise to return was not made a terribly long time ago, but Elio still worries. Here, keeping his little fears to himself, he appears harmless.

But the peace does not go without its effect, and as the pearl necklace drips down his neck and seeps into his skin, his muscles relax. It’s a sticky feeling—warm—one that will grow uncomfortable as it dries. For now, though, it works.

The little exchange between the mother-son duo makes Elio’s ears twitch. He tilts his head, intrigued, but a smile lifts his lips. The golden boy’s own peace sweeps over the three of them, mixed with just the slightest bit of joy. Once he is done with his little push, his stormy eyes settle on Owin’s first, simply because he was the one to do the whispering. There is no question there, no suspicion, but his gaze is sharp and observant. It gives away how little Lio will let go unnoticed.

“Owin,” Lio murmurs with a dip of his head and a twinkle of his eye. He then turns to Lethy, a handsome smile twisting typically straight-set mouth. “And Lethy. It is good to see the pair of you again.” Elio means that, even if the mare might not be pleased with what he desires. His boyhood is riddled with good memories of the Taigan family. It stings to be met with suspicion. He knows that Lepis left a bitter taste in their mouths but—

Elio is not his mother. He was only a boy when she ruled. And his heart resides beneath the fallen pine needles.

“I’ve actually been visiting recently,” Lio begins, leveling Lethy with a soft, knowing gaze. “To visit some friends and old stomping grounds.” He looks down now, secret smile twisting his lips, impossibly boyish and endearing. He learned from his mother that sometimes feeding himself his own magic helps, and that is just what he does while peering at his hooves: imbues himself with a little magical confidence.

“I’ve come to discuss Taiga’s leadership,” Elio finally states, proudly lifting his head to gaze at the pair again. “I need to protect Taiga,” he says, and only a little bit of strain colors his voice, “and it’s people.” He shuffles, leans to one side and half-smiles. “Aten is gone, Lethy. Nerine has proven weak and rash against Pangea’s attacks. I have connections with Loess—” with my mother, he wants to state, but he is hesitant to bring her up despite her clear advantages, “—Taiga needs someone with that experience. And some that has lived here, that loves her. And it’s people.”

Elio pauses, peers up at the waning sun and sighs.

“I need to take the leadership, Lethy. I came to discuss it because I do not want it to be violent.”

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM