• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    Her head lifted towards the late evening sky at the shuffle of wings, a small pressure of nerves and excitement setting her heart on fire at the possibility of seeing Turul take to the sky. If Turul was here that would mean Aten was not far behind, however her hope fell short as she watched an owl take flight preparing for his nightly hunt. Lethy had found herself looking towards the skies a lot lately only to be disappointed. Grief started to fill her hazy purple eyes as she gently wrapped herself in a soft, invisible envelope of peace to ease the ache that filled her fragmented heart.

The soft autumn breeze shifted slightly pulling with it the smell of a visitor and not long after a soft call. Her ears turned cautiously towards the summon and her mind swiftly discarded her concerns of Aten, though they would be forever buzzing in the back of her mind. Lethy would have called out to her son, Owin, who was nearby but she knew better. All she needed to do was think her concerns and her son would be by her side shortly. He did not leave her side for long, as of late. With Aten gone he had taken it upon himself to stand beside her, to help her and Lilliana lead Taiga in the golden stag's absence. He had never been good at minding his own thoughts and staying out of others, though his mother didn’t mind, she could not help but feel guilty of all the sadness, fear, and dread she had let slip into her consciousness lately.

The buckskin mare waited patiently as her blue streaked, buckskin son came silently to her side. With a swift kiss to her cheek they headed towards the visitor - together. As they approached the edge of Taiga and spotted the stallion, Lethy’s breath caught in her chest slightly, the muscles constricted in nerves, and stress. The golden boy that stood before Lethy was no stranger, and she doubted he was a visitor of any sorts. This boy grew up in Taiga, it was as much his home as her own son who stood closely, his side touching hers. As Owin reached out towards Lio’s mind, Lethy let her own gift reach silently, invisibly, towards the boy. A string of pearls wrapped itself  loosely around his neck. To anyone else it was an invisible string of peace, but to Lethy it glowed softly with the same vibrance of the boy who stood before her.

Lio himself, golden and crimson, looked as peaceful as the warm, autumn day that Lethy and her family had been enjoying, but she knew looks could be deceiving, and so she did not think any harm would come from offering the situation a small push in the right direction. She stood before the “boy”, because that is what she remembered him as, while Owin assessed the situation. Her pale golden, chocolate dipped body shimmered beneath the sinking sun as her amethyst eyes did their own assessing of Lio. She had always held herself in a calming, open sort of way while Aten led the situation, but today she held herself with more confidence, her hooves firmly planted and her head held higher than normal, even though the warmth of her nature clung desperately to her purple eyes.

Owin leaned closely to his mother, murmuring only loud enough for her ears. He has plans, of what nature I am not sure.. Lethy gave her son a warm smile, nodding in thanks before turning back to @[Elio] and finally addressing him, ”Elio… it’s good to see you. I hope you’ve been well. To what do I owe this pleasure? If in fact it is a pleasure.. to see you on your home's front steps.” The question and the knowing rang in her soft voice.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Izora Lethia - 04-30-2020, 10:40 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM