• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

It hadn't taken Elio long to come to a decision.

He decided on a whim but - rarely does he make snap decisions. I wouldn't know so quickly if it wasn't right, Lio tells himself.

But when he steps into Taiga - before discussing his plans with his mother, brother, or sisters - he feels a trace of nervousness. He shuffles just within the border, sharp, moody eyes scanning the blend of Loessian and Taigan landscapes for the familiar glowing form of Nashua. It's late evening, and as the sun begs to fall beneath the horizon, Lio wonders if he would even be able to spot Nash's light .

Elio misses Taiga, and Little Feather, and the way a cold morning fog chills his chest. Lepis belongs in Loess, but he knows for certain this is his home. It always has been. Celina might spit at him, furious and dangerous, but Lio doesn't mind. It seems she forgets they grew up together. It's hard to fear someone he watched trip over gangly legs and lose terribly at hide and seek - even if that someone has a predator's mouth.

No, that darling sister of his will not deter him.

Late sun, bright and yellow and so warm against the Autumn wind, splashes across Elio's golden face. Where the aardwolf marking rises up his nose glitters exactly like a gold nugget. He looks ethereal, sunny - the way his feathers flash so crimson make him look even more like the fire Nashua thought of.

A biting wind reminds Lio what he is here for.

He calls, patient and good-natured. His plans can be shared peacefully.

@[Izora Lethia] @[Lilliana] idk how this works into the lilli being stolen timeline but i figured i'd tag her just in case
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]
    Her head lifted towards the late evening sky at the shuffle of wings, a small pressure of nerves and excitement setting her heart on fire at the possibility of seeing Turul take to the sky. If Turul was here that would mean Aten was not far behind, however her hope fell short as she watched an owl take flight preparing for his nightly hunt. Lethy had found herself looking towards the skies a lot lately only to be disappointed. Grief started to fill her hazy purple eyes as she gently wrapped herself in a soft, invisible envelope of peace to ease the ache that filled her fragmented heart.

The soft autumn breeze shifted slightly pulling with it the smell of a visitor and not long after a soft call. Her ears turned cautiously towards the summon and her mind swiftly discarded her concerns of Aten, though they would be forever buzzing in the back of her mind. Lethy would have called out to her son, Owin, who was nearby but she knew better. All she needed to do was think her concerns and her son would be by her side shortly. He did not leave her side for long, as of late. With Aten gone he had taken it upon himself to stand beside her, to help her and Lilliana lead Taiga in the golden stag's absence. He had never been good at minding his own thoughts and staying out of others, though his mother didn’t mind, she could not help but feel guilty of all the sadness, fear, and dread she had let slip into her consciousness lately.

The buckskin mare waited patiently as her blue streaked, buckskin son came silently to her side. With a swift kiss to her cheek they headed towards the visitor - together. As they approached the edge of Taiga and spotted the stallion, Lethy’s breath caught in her chest slightly, the muscles constricted in nerves, and stress. The golden boy that stood before Lethy was no stranger, and she doubted he was a visitor of any sorts. This boy grew up in Taiga, it was as much his home as her own son who stood closely, his side touching hers. As Owin reached out towards Lio’s mind, Lethy let her own gift reach silently, invisibly, towards the boy. A string of pearls wrapped itself  loosely around his neck. To anyone else it was an invisible string of peace, but to Lethy it glowed softly with the same vibrance of the boy who stood before her.

Lio himself, golden and crimson, looked as peaceful as the warm, autumn day that Lethy and her family had been enjoying, but she knew looks could be deceiving, and so she did not think any harm would come from offering the situation a small push in the right direction. She stood before the “boy”, because that is what she remembered him as, while Owin assessed the situation. Her pale golden, chocolate dipped body shimmered beneath the sinking sun as her amethyst eyes did their own assessing of Lio. She had always held herself in a calming, open sort of way while Aten led the situation, but today she held herself with more confidence, her hooves firmly planted and her head held higher than normal, even though the warmth of her nature clung desperately to her purple eyes.

Owin leaned closely to his mother, murmuring only loud enough for her ears. He has plans, of what nature I am not sure.. Lethy gave her son a warm smile, nodding in thanks before turning back to @[Elio] and finally addressing him, ”Elio… it’s good to see you. I hope you’ve been well. To what do I owe this pleasure? If in fact it is a pleasure.. to see you on your home's front steps.” The question and the knowing rang in her soft voice.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    Elio, being one of emotional magic as well, typically knows when someone is toying with his own emotions. He knows now, as Izora Lethia sends him peace, and he wonders why she sends it at all. His face is warm, open. He is mostly thinking about Nashua—his promise to return was not made a terribly long time ago, but Elio still worries. Here, keeping his little fears to himself, he appears harmless.

But the peace does not go without its effect, and as the pearl necklace drips down his neck and seeps into his skin, his muscles relax. It’s a sticky feeling—warm—one that will grow uncomfortable as it dries. For now, though, it works.

The little exchange between the mother-son duo makes Elio’s ears twitch. He tilts his head, intrigued, but a smile lifts his lips. The golden boy’s own peace sweeps over the three of them, mixed with just the slightest bit of joy. Once he is done with his little push, his stormy eyes settle on Owin’s first, simply because he was the one to do the whispering. There is no question there, no suspicion, but his gaze is sharp and observant. It gives away how little Lio will let go unnoticed.

“Owin,” Lio murmurs with a dip of his head and a twinkle of his eye. He then turns to Lethy, a handsome smile twisting typically straight-set mouth. “And Lethy. It is good to see the pair of you again.” Elio means that, even if the mare might not be pleased with what he desires. His boyhood is riddled with good memories of the Taigan family. It stings to be met with suspicion. He knows that Lepis left a bitter taste in their mouths but—

Elio is not his mother. He was only a boy when she ruled. And his heart resides beneath the fallen pine needles.

“I’ve actually been visiting recently,” Lio begins, leveling Lethy with a soft, knowing gaze. “To visit some friends and old stomping grounds.” He looks down now, secret smile twisting his lips, impossibly boyish and endearing. He learned from his mother that sometimes feeding himself his own magic helps, and that is just what he does while peering at his hooves: imbues himself with a little magical confidence.

“I’ve come to discuss Taiga’s leadership,” Elio finally states, proudly lifting his head to gaze at the pair again. “I need to protect Taiga,” he says, and only a little bit of strain colors his voice, “and it’s people.” He shuffles, leans to one side and half-smiles. “Aten is gone, Lethy. Nerine has proven weak and rash against Pangea’s attacks. I have connections with Loess—” with my mother, he wants to state, but he is hesitant to bring her up despite her clear advantages, “—Taiga needs someone with that experience. And some that has lived here, that loves her. And it’s people.”

Elio pauses, peers up at the waning sun and sighs.

“I need to take the leadership, Lethy. I came to discuss it because I do not want it to be violent.”

@[Izora Lethia]
    Celina is furious.

The dark-haired creature stamps her way through the woods in the direction of the call, and it is clear that she is fuming. The sharp-line of her mouth is set into a scowl, accentuated by several dozen sharp teeth that protrude over the lips of her long jaw. In shadows she is stunning, but the occasional fingers of early evening sunlight that slice through the canopy reveal that crocodilian face, those pinned back ears, and the careless way she stamps through the woods, not caring if she is heard.

Had she not made it clear she was uninterested in the affairs of nations?
    Did she not keep to the edges of the first meeting in months, and avoid fraternizing with any of them?

And yet here they are, disrupting what might have been a perfectly good evening with a fair-haired youth. She’d not really listened to the voice that had summoned them, just to its message. So when she arrives in a clearing and finds Elio standing there like some sort fire, she immediately draws to a halt and narrows her eyes. Elio had caught her eye first (having probably picked a summoning place that would make him look his best, obviously. Probably learned that from Mom, she thinks scornfully, not caring if it is untrue). Now though, she looks at Izora Lethia, and beside her the buckskin Owin. He has gotten tall in the time since Celina had last seen him; he is a man grown.

The three of them – Owin, Lethy, and herself – are the only ones to have yet answered the summons. There are other residents in the redwoods, she knows; might some of them still come? Regardless if they do, she keeps her distance. Just like the last meeting, she is barely within earshot. As much as she wants to laugh at the idea of her brother ruling, it does present an interesting possibility. No more interesting than the chance that he might walk away having been appropriately cowed by the violet eyed woman, though. Perhaps he’ll run back to mother, crying.

The sharp-eyed hunter would prefer to watch this play out, she decides. She is not yet interested in interfering.

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

Owin was prepared for the soothing feeling that washed over him, he was used to it - the feeling was similar to his mothers. The joy that followed caught him off guard, however, but where an initial look of surprise would adorn his face at such a sudden, forced feeling Owin could not help but let out an almost inaudible chuckle before nodding back at Lio. As the conversation progressed, despite the help of Elio’s magic he could not help but feel a series of emotions. Once again, the Wolfbane/Lepis legacy wanted to come into his home, his mother’s home, his “father’s” home and take it away. Once again they think that they are the best option for Taiga. Owin watches his mother closely, ready to help if needed. There was a time when his mother would have cracked like porcelain beneath another’s demands, tucking herself away in her own little corner to let the world go as it would. That had changed though in time, standing beside Aten’s side, becoming a mother, and fighting for the gift she now possessed.

Lethy does not feel Elio’s emotions quiet as strongly as her son. Her own blanket of peace wrapped around her let his emotions settle gently instead of all at once. These were the feelings he wanted her to feel, but she did not necessarily feel them as much as she acknowledged them, she lets just a sliver in. She listens as he talks, memories of Elio as a child prancing through their home flooded her mind, and a small smile lightens her lips. Even through his announcement of this summons, the leadership of Taiga - protecting Taiga, does she smile.

The words leave his lips, the only words capable of breaking her magic hold on herself, and anyone else's magic. “Aten is gone, Lethy.” it is only then that her peaceful facade cracks, as does that fragmented piece of her heart. To hear someone else say it should probably bring sadness and a chaos of feelings to her, but she felt only one emotion and it does not falter to find its way to her face.

Anger.

A scowl crosses her muzzle and her eyes crinkle at the edges as her brow burrows. Aten may be gone right now, but that does not mean he will be gone forever. How many years has she been a part of Taiga? She doesn't even remember anymore, and Aten so many more years before her. Her mind races back to the day that Elio’s parents had come into Taiga, had cornered Aten and had laid out their ultimatum. Surrender leadership or we will force our leadership upon you. Violence. She remembered the way Aten stayed up for nights on end, troubled and broken. His love for Taiga and her inhabitants was stronger than his need to lead them. All he wanted to do was protect them. He surrendered his leadership to make sure he could stay in Taiga to protect those who were closest to him. She remembered many nights she comforted him, her love the only thing she had to offer him. Why? How could this be happening again?

Peace.

It did not take long for Lethy to regain her composure, but only a few seconds. She let her peace fill every crack and crevice of her being, pulling in with it a deep breath. On exhale Lethy took a step closer to @[Elio]. Elio, Taiga is as much your home as it is mine. It always will be. Your mother was my good friend, she was one of the first horses I met when I found myself on Beqanna’s shores. You remind me a lot of her, all the good that she had to offer. I was torn when your mother and father found their way to my home, taking from Aten what was rightfully his.. not through peaceful conversations but through ultimatums and promises of violence if things did not go their way. It was a side of your mother that I had never known, and yet I did not and still do not hold any ill will towards her, she is still my friend. However, I can not in good conscience let Taiga be led by impulse again. Taiga has been led by not one but three of your family members already, each one growing tired of her lands and moving on. I believe you when you say you love Taiga and its people, but your family has proven to be fickle. If there is one thing in this world that should be constant it is a mother’s love, and I too love Taiga and its people as if they were my own children. There is more than one way to love and protect the things we love. As Aten has already proven by stepping down for your family once before. As a mother proves by letting her children grow into themselves without forcing her ideals and morals upon them. I ask you this, as a child of Taiga, why do you feel you are the best option to lead Taiga? What are your plans for Taiga if you were to lead? Where would you go from here if I denied your request to lead?
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    NASHUA

He sends pine needles flying as he leaps off a fallen Taigan tree - a casualty of one of the recent autumn storms.

There is a moment when his growing wings snap open, catch a breeze just for a moment and then he crashes. He is a sprawled copper mess of legs and feathers, of his wings spread out. Nashua glances bashfully around his new practicing ground and snorts his relief when he convinces himself that the forest wasn’t watching.

It’s a considerable improvement from when he started. Popinjay had given him the right idea and he sometimes wonders if Celina might know some place better to practice, if she might somewhere higher where he might really let his wings soar. He tucks the thought away in the back of his mind to ask her the next time he sees her.

Nashua spends the rest of his afternoon looking for Yanhua. He’s been gone for hours and there is something comforting in finding his twin at the end of each day. Their mother has been gone for days and Nash spends the nights with Yan, the two of them huddling close together as the nights get longer and colder. In the midst of his searching, there is a familiar call that echoes through the haloed-light of the Redwood forest. Nash stops, raises his head and listens.

He knows that call.

Maybe Yan has answered it too.

Nash isn’t disappointed in what he finds; there is an obvious and overjoyed grin that breaks across his copper face. "Fire Wing,” he murmurs excitedly to himself and pulls his wings close against his sides, an invisible embrace of the brother he hasn’t yet greeted. Elio is speaking with Lethia, the mare from the last meeting, the one of the last memories he has of his mother.

That realization haunts behind his green eyes and feeling a pang of uncertainty, it makes it all the easier to draw close to Celina when he sees her pale iridescence in the shadows. A wing reaches out to brush against her white and navy feathers as he peers curiously up to her. Whispering "Celina,” he asks, "what’s happening?”

and for every king that died
    they would crown another

@[elio] @[izora lethia] @[Celina]
    @[Castile] in case 'rocky' wanted to come say hello
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

Elio's decision to rule Taiga was made on a whim - that is unfortunately true, and he will not deny it. But his plans, his thoughts, his actions revolving around his decision? Those are not little whims. They are planned and careful, based around his sharp observations and clear moral compass. There is no doubt in his mind that he will do right by Taiga, that headstrong confidence a strong trait he learned from his mother.

When Celina arrives, and shortly after Nashua, Elio does not notice. His head is tilted in concentrated listening, and what part of his brain isn't focused on listening is focused on not letting his emotions get the best of him. The emotion magic he once let run wild is reined in tightly to his chest; and instead of letting these feelings tense his chest and sharpen his breath, he channels that energy into calm. Radiating and warm, he expels his bad thoughts. Elio will do what it takes to be on the throne because he knows it to be what's best, but he won't let the journey there turn into a violent tornado of mingled magic.

"I do not know why you think this on impulse, Lethy," Lio begins slowly, leveling her with an intrigued gaze. "I did not waltz here a day after deciding this is what's best. And I am offended that your language suggests I do not have as much of a claim to this land as your family. I am not my mother, nor am I my brother. To imply that I might grow tired of Taiga when I have returned to her once old enough to do so is the exact opposite of what my actions suggest," he pauses now, feeling familiar frustration curdle in his stomach. Elio knows he cannot blame Lethy for being wary of Lepis and Pteron - or wary at all - but she does not see him suggesting she will abandon Taiga simply because her mate did so. The frustration sours, but he refuses to let it coat his words in a bad flavor.

"I will answer you as a child of Taiga Lethy, just as I have spoken this entire time," he begins again, still controlling his voice and keeping a kind face. "It is unwise to deny that I have connections that can not only protect Taiga, but Nerine. My mother leads Loess now, and has already begun to mend what its previous leader tore to shreds. I have diplomatic experience, from watching my mother. I have diplomatic knowledge, from listening to my mother and the ebb and flow of Beqanna. As far as my plans for Taiga go - that is something I have put a great amount of thought into. I am sure you know it is impossible to plot out years of plans for a territory, but my immediate concern is with Pangea. We need an armistice with them, and we need to not appear weak," he speaks with a level breath and easy tone.

"I would like to rally an army. Not a violent one, but a group of protectors. Send out envoys to other lands, see what allies we can create," Elio finishes, but then adds with a quick smile, "And as for if you say no, we will cross that bridge when we get there."

@[Izora Lethia] @[Celina] @[Nashua]
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    This will bite him in the end. It won’t be in the future, but down the road, he can already see repercussions rising from his poor decisions. Then again, when has that stopped him?

No one will be hurt this time at least, or so he hopes, as he follows Nashua from a distance toward Taiga. Castile knows some of the trails, but he feigns shock and surprise as he drinks in the sight of the towering redwoods and pines. This is all so familiar. Another territory, another chapter of his life. Exhausted from his internal wars and of politics, Castile receded into the shadows to breathe for the first time in years, but here he is – thrusted back into the happenings of different lands.

True, he could have said no, but he finds himself enjoying Nash’s company. The young boy’s curiosity and vigor hooked the fallen King. Their conversation was light and skewed far from kingdom life. For the time, that’s what Castile wanted – needed – but he didn’t want it to end so soon, thus agreeing to follow him to Taiga.

Curiosity mounts as they weave through the grove toward a resounding voice that demands attention, though not unkindly. Blinking, Castile takes a place adjacent to Nash, observing him with nutmeg eyes before flickering them across the gathered faces. No one here would recognize his scent. Veiled in the coat of a chestnut, no one would recognize his face either. No wings, no draconic features, not even the telltale gold band across his muzzle is visible. To them all, he is a plain sorrel. To them, he is Rocky.

He dutifully listens and somehow manages to maintain a neutrality in his face even as his own name is dragged through mud (he expected this; they remember only from when he lost his mind, not of his greater deeds prior). Inching closer to Nashua, he reads the reactions across the group, but there is more defiance than support standing behind Elio. ”Taiga is already tied to Loess, so you would just be maintaining what was already established by prior to your mother’s rule,” he pauses to swallow, reminding himself to tread carefully. ”I’ve heard rumors that this new leader of Loess wants to unite other lands to her terms, like she wants to have control over everything. You admitting that she is your mother would just confirm her hold over Taiga, no? We would be her pawns?” Castile – Rocky? – tilts his head inquisitively and although his brash personality urges him to step forward, he decides to instead step unsurely back, his shoulder just barely brushing Nashua’s side.

A pause. A swallow. A sigh.

”I’m the new kid on the block. I don’t have a vote, but it’s food for thought for everyone here. It just sounds like some family-type dictatorship.” A shrug ripples through his shoulders, settling into his role and smiling sheepishly.

castile

Current appearance: Sorrel chestnut with 4 stockings and a blaze. Plain and simple xD Nash knows him as Rocky.
    Her amethyst eyes miss nothing as she spots the gathering group, a part of her was hoping that this would not turn into a spectacle but a larger part of her was relieved that other Taigans had assembled. Whatever the outcome here today, she wanted the other residence to have a say in it - whatever their individual opinions may be. Today she would not reach out to them with her gift, she did not want to hinder their emotions and opinions.

She listens to Elio, dissecting his rebuttal while also taking into account the words of a stranger sorrel chestnut man. She had not met him before but the way he sidles up to Nash she makes a mental note to talk with him after their gathering is figured out who he was and why he was here, it is the least she could do for Lilliana while she was on her stolen mission.

Lethy is not put off by Elio’s words, but instead bolstered with confidence as she moves closer to the boy. The scar across her face is highlighted in the setting sun, all the raw edges that had never healed quite right through childhood and her adult life casting calloused shadows across the dull pink flesh. The kindness that is forever settled into her amethyst eyes hardens into a deep, royal purple as she looks at him at eye level. The leadership of Taiga is not about a claim, my dear child. Aten did not claim his right through birth, or family, but through the leaders before him who found him worthy of it. I have stood by his side for many years, as well as Lilliana. I understand that it was not your choice to leave Taiga, and I am filled with gratitude that you would return now. I just had hoped it would be under better terms. Not once have I denied your ties to Loess, but as the sorrel has pointed out it is not you that has created those ties. Your mother forced those ties upon Taiga during her rule. Is there anyone aside from your mother who you have learned from? If she is the only one you have followed and listened to, how are we as a territory to believe you do not follow her same morals and ideals? Longing to unite the land under your terms. Lethy tilts her head as she contemplates the boy in front of her. It is not that she does not trust Elio completely but she’ll be damned if she is to be taken as a fool. Where Aten is trusting to a fault, Lethy trusts only until she is given a reason not too and though she hates to judge solely on family ties the well being of Taiga is to precious to simply hand it over to the Lepis/Bane family once more on a promise of best interest at heart.

There are already plans at work for the conflict between Pangea and Nerine, but your points do not go unacknowledged. Taiga is in need of protectors, so many of our inhabitants are still children. I can not give you leadership over Taiga, that is my final decision - and I am sure Lilliana would agree with me if she were here, but I can offer you a position in which you can prove your actions are just and your intentions are loyal to Taiga. I can offer you the position of Champion. She pauses a moment to let her offer sink in. Her deep, amethyst eyes rest on each individual who had gathered, waiting only a moment for any objections. As Champion you will have the opportunity, like you wish, to look for and gather prospects for a contingent of protectors only to be utilized in matters of threats. Taiga has not been nor will it be a violent territory that acts first. You will be under the supervision of Lilliana when she returns, until you have proven that your appearance today wasn’t for any other reason than for the betterment of Taiga. This is what I can offer, for now. she did not back away when she was done. She would not be looked at as weak or movable in her position

@[Celina] @[Nashua] @[elio] @[Castile]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    Having been born the spring after her parent’s arrival in the Taiga, Celina had been spared the emotional turmoil with which their reign began. Her mother had told her of it, of course, of Aten’s bitterness at no longer holding the title of ruler and of Izora Lethia choosing his pride over the well-being of the redwood forest. But it had settled by her birth, or so Celina has assumed until she listens to the purple eyed mare address her younger brother.

The sharp-toothed mare listens to the story of her Mother, curious despite herself to know if Lepis still considers the Matriarch to be a friend. Celina doubts it; her mother has few friends, and she keeps none after betrayal. The accusation that her family is fickle stings, but as it is aimed at Elio, she does not protest. She will not shield him, will not speak up to mention that regardless of how her mother and brother left that at least they had the decency to appoint a successor before they did so. Neither of them had vanished into the woods without a word. That can’t be said about all of their leaders, and she even looks around the woods near the clearing as though expecting Aten to show his face.

He had been a thorn in her father’s paw, and Celina is not eager to have him returned. The current leaders are soft, women who father has broken or could break, and Celina rather prefers it that way. Izora Lethia is still talking when Celina feels something brush against her side. She looks down to see Nashua there, and ruffles his blonde mane gently with her cheek in greeting before slinging one wing over his shoulder companionably.

“Drama,” she replies, her seafoam eyes sparkling in amusement. “It’s fun to watch.”

Elio is giving his response to Izora Lethia now, something boring about politics and armistice. Celina remembers enough of her early lessons to recognize that Elio speaks well and argues persuasively. This does bother her, just a little, but she does not let it show. She had wanted him to leave crying, but instead he smiles and speaks of armies. The chestnut shape beside Nashua she had assumed to be his mother, but the voice that comes from it causes her to reconsider. Dad would scold her for ot paying better attention, for making the mistake of assuming that a horse is not dangerous simply because of the company they keep.

She does not know the sorrel stallion, but she does like that he seems to disagree with her mother. She does not like that he tries to touch her brother, who she tugs closer to herself with one navy wing and a sidelong glance at the taller stallion. ‘Mine’ her actions say, ‘Do not touch’. Celina has been elated by Lilliana’s absence and the abundance of time it allows her with Nashua, and is not inclined to share that time with a stranger. Not even a stranger who disagrees with Elio.

By the time she looks back, Izora Lethia is speaking to Elio again. As she listens, Celina wonders if he will tire of being called a child. The purple-eyed mare seems most interested in comparing Elio to their mother, which Celina does not disagree with. They’d both betrayed Taiga by leaving, after all. Betrayed Taiga and betrayed Celina by choosing safety over family. The forest has grown quieter since they left, first under Pteron and then Aten. Izora Lethia seems pleased by this, accusing Elio of sharing Lepis’ morals and ideals. Well, Celina supposes, they can’t all idealize activity and a booming population, and if she prefers Taiga to allow their members and their protective entities to be stolen without putting up a fight, then Celina is rather fond of that passive morality. It will make them easier to control when the time comes.

When Izora Lethia offers him the Championship rather than the Leadership, Celina grins. This is almost as good as sending him crying back to Mother in Loess.

“You’d make a wonderful Champion, little brother.” She tells him, her voice raised no higher than necessary to carry across the distance between them. Dad has said that Celina is not old enough or strong enough to take on the Champions of other kingdoms, but she is quite certain she can eviscerate Elio. Dad will be so proud if she does that, she thinks, and it will serve the dual purpose of bringing Elio down in Nashua’s esteem. 

“When our Matriarch joins our Guardian in Pangea or follows her husband into the woods, perhaps then you can have your chance at ruling.” She smiles sweetly (as sweetly as she can with those teeth) not caring that she denigrates their previous ruler and the strength of their current one. She cares only that Elio secure the position of Champion.

Once he does, she’ll have a most excellent reason to finally take him on.

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type